A productive Saturday arvo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullwinkle

Reaction score
All split by hand with a block splitter. Pretty shagged now, but the first beer tastes good....

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 232
Quite a few trailer loads there.

If you did that in an arvo, you can come to my place & I will pay you $50.00 an hour. Bloody bargain.

I split one trailer load last week & I can hardly walk a week later. Probably come good in another week.

A hydraulic spiltter would be the go.

That lot should see you through winter!

I've got enough for this year under tarps. This lot is for next year. Joe - it was only one trailer and ute load today - you can see by the lighter colour. All done with my $100 Chinese chainsaw from ebay.

Last edited:
I've got enough for this year under tarps. This lot is for next year. Joe - it was only one trailer and ute load today - you can see by the lighter colour. All done with my $100 Chinese chainsaw from ebay.

Phew that is comforting. A pile that size would take me 6 months to split & permanently cripple.

Still a fair bit you did though.

I know exactly how much work that is as I do the same with my log splitter but I split mine over summer so it dries out a bit. Weve got too one in the house and one in my shed , don't want to get cold while I work on the nav in winter LOL .Aren't wood fires great

Just bought a second hand Husky 371XP and been giving it a workout the last couple of weeks. The barrel on the drawbar of the trailer was that bloody heavy I couldn't get it any higher. Glad I learnt how to tie a few knots as a young fella! Getting a lend of a hydraulic splitter on the weekend to split about 8 metres hopefully.If anyone know how to rotate these pics, feel free.

Attachments

• wood 1.JPG
    wood 1.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 123
  • wood 2.JPG
    wood 2.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 117
  • wood 3.JPG
    wood 3.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 129
  • photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Husqvarna make good saws, I'm hoping i dont need anymore wood this year. Mind you its still bloody cold around here

Jeez bullwinkle, I thought having the rear tub only filled with split wood in the D40 was pushing the limit on rear suspension... Obviously i could go a little more. I stacked it neatly so I could still close the hard lid.

Mate, my D22 has re-rolled leafs as well as an extra leaf. The only time it sits level is when I load it up like this! It's usually as stiff as a board, but comes in handy sometimes. I only have to cart this about 2 km's, so no big deal.

Dave, the fire has been out for 2 weeks, but I was tempted to light it last night.

Mate, my D22 has re-rolled leafs as well as an extra leaf. The only time it sits level is when I load it up like this! It's usually as stiff as a board, but comes in handy sometimes. I only have to cart this about 2 km's, so no big deal.

Dave, the fire has been out for 2 weeks, but I was tempted to light it last night.

We lit the fire today, 13 degree max today, bring on global warming

Split about 8 metres of wood today. Got a lend of a petrol splitter and stacked it all up. got about 3 metres left to do. Absolutely buggered!

Been at it again, got a couple of loads on the weekend. Intending to build up over the next month then split it all for Winter 2016. I've got enough for this year already dry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Back