About time I said HI.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace d

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

stock_day_1.JPG

I thought it must be time it said hi, and shared a few pics (if I can work out how to get them from the gallery to here)

Thanks Guys its slowly getting there. Next big decision is what bull bar to get.
Spec is 2011 ST-X 4 2.5 Auto.
Tyres are 265/70/17 Coopers ST's.
Suspension TJM 60mm lift.

Last edited:
Does anybody have any idea how much sliders/side steps are worth? Also if a body lift is legal in Vic?

Thanks Jace.

body lift would have to be engineered and check out the the sliders that scotty bobcat is making up, great value for money

Found an interesting thing.
I have just done a trip from central Vic, to Jindabyne in the NSW Snowys. I think around 1400kms all up. I had a Kangaroo hit the side of my ute at about 8pm in the mountains. Upon inspecting for damage today i looked under and saw oil residue on the rear diff. I looked further forward and found that my gear box is leaking oil from the rear seal. (auto)
Is this a common problem? I have now done around 6000kms.

Does anybody have any idea how much sliders/side steps are worth? Also if a body lift is legal in Vic?

Thanks Jace.

No idea if body lift is legal in Vic but I do have steel sill protectors ( I wouldn't really call them rock sliders and don't intend using them as such). I got mine from ARB in Canberra for around the $800 mark and fitted them myself. The ARB steps are part of the bull bar brush protector arrangement originally but have been modified to be used with other brands of bull bar. They don't connect in any way to the bullbar in my case - Nissan steel bar.

Thanks Jace.
as others have mentioned you will be looking at around the $800 mark for either sliders or side steps........ BUT you will have to check if you can run them with your ST-X because of the side intrusion air bags. from what i understand you might have trouble. i was in an opposite lock store today asking about some for my ST and the first thing they wanted to know was if mine had side air bags because they wouldnt be able to help me if i did.

Upon inspecting for damage today i looked under and saw oil residue on the rear diff. I looked further forward and found that my gear box is leaking oil from the rear seal. (auto)
Is this a common problem? I have now done around 6000kms.

Dunno if it is a common problem but it should be repaired under warranty,for those seals to be leaking you might have a dodgy tailshaft or unis.
Any vibration?

A body lift on an airbagged vehicle in Vic is illegal
If you want sliders you can order them through me for $600.00 a pair painted black with a skid plate on the bottom,if you want them colour coded with alumininium step they are $900.00

A body lift on an airbagged vehicle in Vic is illegal
If you want sliders you can order them through me for $600.00 a pair painted black with a skid plate on the bottom,if you want them colour coded with alumininium step they are $900.00

scotty how do you get around the whole side intrusion air bag issue with the sliders?
opposite lock told me today that you cant run them if you do have side air bags :hmmmm:
lucky for me i dont have to worry about that. do you have any photos of your sliders on a d40? i am keen to put some on my 2010 ST. :cheers!:

Thanks for the info guys. Talked to Nissan today they will fix it all thursday which it was already booked in for a few small warranty things to be fixed. Works out good.
scottybobcat: I would also be interested in seeing how they look on a d40 also.
I think I've decided on a ARB bull bar so steps will have to wait a bit.

I picked up bull bar today, I did end up going an ARB bar.
Trying to fit it my self (will be interesting how this goes)

I'm told there is a lot of work in fitting a bull bar to the front of a Navara D40 - and you have to be very careful how you cut off the parts of the plastic bull bar you dont need any more.

As for side protection, my beast is now proudly wearing a set of the h/duty sliders that Scottybobcat and his mate are making. You will be able to see the photo's of my D40 in Scotty's thread about the sliders. I asked specifically for the sliders to be dual purpose as a step for my wife and 5 yr old son to use to help them climb into the Navara. My son just loves them. (yeah, i think there alright too). I have not got any cheker plate on the top - but i will probably put some anti-skid on the top of the outside rail ... when i get around to it.

i fitted my own bull bar (genuine nissan one) i think the hardest part was taking to the car with a jigsaw to cut the bumper!!! once you get the coconuts to hack at your car its all down hill from there

Took me and dad about an hour, maybe a bit less from start to finish

As long as you tape the templates on exactley where it says and take your time its a pretty easy job

Cheers sean

i fitted my own bull bar (genuine nissan one) i think the hardest part was taking to the car with a jigsaw to cut the bumper!!! once you get the coconuts to hack at your car its all down hill from there

Got to agree getting the courage to drill a hole for the snorkel was enough. I don't recon I could do the whole front

First cut was the worst. will try and finish it tomorrow night as I ran out of time after work.

Latest posts

Back