Adding 2-Stroke oil to Diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Facts in this case are not as much "facts" in the scientific meaning, but would be more accurately described as "our personal impression of the experiences we have had".

Therein lies the major problem. If I tell you that I have no trouble shaving with a single blade razor you might grab one and cut yourself. Your personal experience isn't as good as mine and when we both contribute to a place like this regarding our experiences we look like we're coming from opposing sides. Factually, a single-blade razor may help you shave better.

The usage of oil is similar. In fact, there's absolutely NO need to use it at all - doing so doesn't magically change the towing capacity or how many blondes you can fit in the truck (which are the only really important things). You MIGHT get a little better mileage. You MIGHT get a little better performance. It won't do any damage that we can tell (there's no long-term facts about it though).

Personally I don't perceive (I could have said "get" but that implies that I have accurately measured the result, and I haven't) any benefit from using Chemtech Diesel Power. I perceived no benefit from Valvoline 2T but DID perceive some benefit from Castol Activ 2T.

I would NOT use a combination despite there probably being no danger in doing so. The whole idea behind the 2T addition is to improve the quality of the fuel a little and use it to clean the engine's combustion regions. Whether it does it any better than Diesel Power, or some Wynns product, is hard to say because none of us have accurately measured the results across a large range of engines.

So it's my perception that Castrol Activ 2T is slightly more effective, using 300ml to near 80L of diesel. I also use an electric razor and so far I haven't had to wax my back, but as with the oil, these are personal and perceptual things.

I have been running various oils mixed with me diesel for the last few years and the Patrol and Navara both run heaps quieter with a minimum of about 400ml in the fuel tank.

Ok thanks for the replies. I do realize that "facts" may have been the wrong word, but you know what I am asking. Basically I am going to give this a try for myself but was mainly concerned as to what type of oil and ratio people seem to "mostly" agree is the winning combination.

I have gotten great results using 350ml of quality low ash, jaso fc mineral 2t oil and single blade razor shaving my balls. I have found that the extra lubricity combined with the anti-scuffing compounds and detergents leave my balls shinier, freeer from residue and get slightly better mileage.

I have gotten great results using 350ml of quality low ash, jaso fc mineral 2t oil and single blade razor shaving my balls. I have found that the extra lubricity combined with the anti-scuffing compounds and detergents leave my balls shinier, freeer from residue and get slightly better mileage.

But where is the scientific proof that your single blade works better than my double blade ball shaver?

PMSL, after years of using expensive twin/triple blade razors I find now that the cheap disposable twin blade razors work better and cost less.... :)

Ok so just bought some castrol activ 2t and put 150mls in the half tank of fuel. About to go for a decent drive up the maleny range and test this theory............................ will try it for the next few fill ups and see how she goes.

Last edited:
After that why dont you do half a tank of the chemtech stuff you mentioned for comparison and tell us how you went?

yes...factual is not the term, but perceived results I can accept...

but this is fact...the old type Wilkinson Sword double edged razors shave me the best...excepting a cut throat wielded by a master...

BELIEVE it or NOT!

Do the patrol and navara fuel tanks the same capacity?

I'm not sure, but to put your mind at ease about the mix ratio ... the information I gleaned was that 300ml to 80L was about 'average' and you could put up to a litre into an 80L tank if you wanted to make sure it was cleaned out.

So numerically, that's anywhere from 266:1 to 79:1. Pick a happy place in there and see how you go.

I use 300ml because I grabbed a Wynns bottle of injector cleaner, used it in the other car, then rinsed it and used it to measure the oil for mine. I should use more now, because I have a 150L tank and not an 80L tank.

I'm not sure, but to put your mind at ease about the mix ratio ... the information I gleaned was that 300ml to 80L was about 'average' and you could put up to a litre into an 80L tank if you wanted to make sure it was cleaned out.

So numerically, that's anywhere from 266:1 to 79:1. Pick a happy place in there and see how you go.

I use 300ml because I grabbed a Wynns bottle of injector cleaner, used it in the other car, then rinsed it and used it to measure the oil for mine. I should use more now, because I have a 150L tank and not an 80L tank.

I like the idea of the Wynns bottle. It was a pain not to spill any from the castrol bottle :top:

Ok thanks for the replies. I do realize that "facts" may have been the wrong word, but you know what I am asking. Basically I am going to give this a try for myself but was mainly concerned as to what type of oil and ratio people seem to "mostly" agree is the winning combination.

So far the combo I feel works for me is Vortex premium and low ash mineral 2t (haven't settled on a brand, have tried two but both the same to me) mixed in at slightly less than and up to 200:1, ie; anywhere from 300ml to 375ml to a 75ltr tankful. Economy only marginally improved, quieter on start up, smoother idle (motor idles nicely when cold so I don't use the warm up button at all) and the motor lugs better from 1500 rpm which is handy when the camper is on the back.
It's not necessary of course but I find it interesting to play around with and from other info I've read it helps clean the combustion areas, it's quite noticeable how much quieter the injector pump is too. I haven't tried it mixed with Fuel Doctor, Wynn's or Chemtech etc yet......mmmm not sure if too many ingredients may spoil the broth.

Why bother paying extra for the Vortex "Premium" when the 2T does it all and then some??

Why bother paying extra for the Vortex "Premium" when the 2T does it all and then some??

Quite true actually, it all becomes a bit expensive if you do this sort of thing with every tankful, personally I think it's enough just to whack in some 2t occasionally to keep combustion areas clean considering the economy only improves slightly for me, it would be different if the 2t actually saved enough to pay for itself.
Does anyone know what's actually different between normal and premium diesel ? ie; what's the extra coin actually for ? Hey, for all I know premium is normal diesel + 2t anyhow :rofl2:

Back