Adding 2-Stroke oil to Diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the things I noticed when researching the biodiesel issue was that there were several points made about the lubricity of the fuel. They claim to be monitoring it by regular sampling to ensure that the fuel does provide adequate lubrication to the pump internals and injectors.

Admitting that 2-stroke oil - even in such a small concentration (4ml per litre diesel) - does anything to benefit the fuel would be almost a confession by the fuel company that their fuel is inadequate. You'll never see them admit to that.

You won't see Nissan saying too much about it either, at least officially. As a player in the international motor vehicle market - one of the larger playing fields in the world today - they have to be mindful of things like this. They acquire their fuels and oils from these companies and really shouldn't be throwing mud in their face.

As for accuracy of reporting - I'm not pushing a barrow with it, so as I've said before, I'm not going to try and set up testing gear in order to prove this or that either way.

I've tried it, I'm still using it, my perception is that my car is a little quieter first thing in the morning and I did notice one trip had better fuel consumption - but that is hardly good statistical analysis, because I've only done one trip with, and one without, and there were vastly different temperatures and humidity on the two trips, either one could have accounted for the difference alone.

Does it really work, or is it in my mind? I'm not certain yet. I do know that it hasn't done any detectable damage as yet, so it's not all dark clouds and gloom.

Krankin, if you believe everything manufacturers say about their cars then you are very very gullible. They say don't do this, don't do that. Don't modify your car, don't put an exhaust on it, don't put an aftermarket air filter, don't use aftermarket intercooler..blah blah blah. Because if you do, you will make the car worse.
Do you think that by putting a properly designed aftermarket exhaust will make your car worse? No it doesn't.
Manufacturers bring out all these rules to protect themselves. That is their number one priority.
If you do your research properly, listen to people who have modded their cars and everything is positive - then chances are, it's all good.
So far, this 2 stroke oil in the fuel is looking like a winner and i will be putting it into my brand spanking new Navara titanium edition.

WTF r you on about.

Please dont come in this late in the thread and try and educate me about what i know and dont fn know about manufacturers, their products and modifying cars.

It seams you need to take a good look at the whole thread, understand what every post means before you pass any kind of judgement on me or anyone else.

Go ahead and do wtf you like to your new car, put Jack Daniels in the tank,
i couldnt care less.
you want to use 2stroke , i DONT, get over it.

This has been gone over with already in this thread.

I would also suggest that i've been modifying engines since before you were born so try and think before you shoot your mouth off.

Good day!

WTF r you on about.

Please dont come in this late in the thread and try and educate me about what i know and dont fn know about manufacturers, their products and modifying cars.

It seams you need to take a good look at the whole thread, understand what every post means before you pass any kind of judgement on me or anyone else.

Go ahead and do wtf you like to your new car, put Jack Daniels in the tank,
i couldnt care less.
you want to use 2stroke , i DONT, get over it.

This has been gone over with already in this thread.

I would also suggest that i've been modifying engines since before you were born so try and think before you shoot your mouth off.

Good day!

You should take your own advice.

Guys, as they say in those southern gospel meetings, "I am now a believer".
When this subject was first posted I thought I would try the 2 stroke oil I had in the garage without telling anyone. I had been getting between 12.8 & 13.5 litres /100k around town in my manual D40.
I thought the engine was quieter right from the start & my son-in-law, who drives a 100 series made the comment he wished his diesel was as quiet. I didn't tell him I had added the 2 stroke at that time.
The first tank full returned 11.38l/100k, the 2nd tank full 11.07l/100k, 3rd 11.5l/100k, 4th 11.3l/100k, 5th 11.41l/100k.
I did not add the 2 stroke to the next tank full & the milage was 12.22l/100k. Needless to say I have added the 2 stroke to the last tank full.
The kilometres covered were all around town, I will be towing a 2.5T caravan to Bendigo in a couple of weeks & also doing longer trips around Victoria, so I will let you know how it goes after the holidays.
GO CATS - AGAIN!
Phil

As a side note.
Can you smell the 2 stroke from the exhaust? If so I'm in!
Have been running the mower ( 4 stroke ) and the line trimmer on stale AV gas and 2KR for the last 2 years - new stuff for race meets and whatever is left over gets fed to them. Neighbours think I'm odd cause I stand in the middle of the front yard sniffing exhaust fumes! Better than the smell of fresh cut grass.
Would like to see a can of air freshener one day containing these ingredients!

Sorry back to the debatable debate.

the good smelling race stuff is probably castor based 2 stoke oil. unfortunately it does not mix well with diesel therefore not recommended to use.

Oh!

Dear me,

I thought it was for putting in your engine.

But you blokes are drinkin the stuff

:stop:

Ya gotta drink the new stuff,

its the used oil thatl give ya cancer....have'nt ya's read the warnings bout used oil:bike:

Hey I'm in the legal profession and work for the health and well being society and I've seen university studies about going further on one breath after drinking motor oil. If this isnt happening for you then you just arent drinking enough

Ah ha!

I've worked it out then..

Its the 2 stroke oil that gives ya wings :dancing:

You blokes have been holdin out on me.

yeah my real name is actually cessna_fan. cause I used to race Cessna's thats why I'm such an expert

Hey guys I just added 2 stroke oil just a multigrade snipper and lawnmower stuff only 200ml to 80L of diesel I'm not sure if it's the best stuff for it but it's only 200ml to 80 of diesel but I must say it's quieter and goes a tiny bit harder it was put in my 07 2.5td navara d40 let me know your opinions guys and I'll also keep you updated

Back