Aggressive Tires

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My interpretation of aggressive certainly differs from you guys.

I'm with you Jase.

It's thread-jacking time!

Mainly used on racing slicks, to make your own intermediate wets, or re-cutting worn treads deeper. It's main use has been to remove tread for making sand tyres on offroad buggies, but it's great for making your own aggressive muddies too

How do you know how deep you can go? What kind of tyre do you have to start with, a new one or is a baldy good? and... and... and... How much do you charge??

I'm with you Jase.

It's thread-jacking time!

How do you know how deep you can go? What kind of tyre do you have to start with, a new one or is a baldy good? and... and... and... How much do you charge??

I'll have to make sure I actually still own it, I lent it to a mate of a mate, so I'll make a phone call tomorrow and get it back. If its totally bald you might be able to get 3-5mm cut before hitting the belts. It would be better to start with a newish tyre and remove excess rubber to make a chunky M/T.

It's a fairly slow process requiring some fancy art work with a piece of chalk, but if you want to drive to Carrum your more than welcome to give it a go.

I'll have to make sure I actually still own it, I lent it to a mate of a mate, so I'll make a phone call tomorrow and get it back. If its totally bald you might be able to get 3-5mm cut before hitting the belts. It would be better to start with a newish tyre and remove excess rubber to make a chunky M/T.

It's a fairly slow process requiring some fancy art work with a piece of chalk, but if you want to drive to Carrum your more than welcome to give it a go.

Let me know when you have it back, I'll drop by. I've got some new tyres sitting idle.

I need a tour of your factory too, sounds like you've got some cool toys.

Attachments

• user1454_pic725_1284028413.jpg
    user1454_pic725_1284028413.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 171
  • user1454_pic724_1284028413.jpg
    user1454_pic724_1284028413.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 151
  • user1454_pic726_1284028413.jpg
    user1454_pic726_1284028413.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
For 265/75-16 your looking at about 250 per tyre for the maxxis bighorns unsure on kms, iv done 20 thou on mine and there still great with heaps of tread, only a lil bit of rock rash but thats normal for the stuff iv been doing

Yeah I have to agree the M/T 4Rib are a sweet looking tyre,
Not sure how noisy they are, hope they're not to bad because I'm currently saving up for a set now.
Can anyone who has them please let us know?

i've got bfg a/t's. my 3rd set. get a little bit noisy as the tread wears down though.
Aus 4x4 did a review on heaps of at's and mt's and they reckon that the bfg mt's are quieter than the at's. so gonna throw them on next.

horse's for courses.

Latest posts

Back