Airbag warning light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

Reaction score
My navara went for a swim recently, I got water up to the bottom of the seats inside the car. No big problem, take seats and carpet out and let it all dry out. The air bag light keeps flashing at me though and I don't know how to stop it. I tried disconnecting the battery but that didn't work. Everything is working fine since it all got wet but I just need to reset this thing somehow. According to the user manual there is 2 different warning lights one that says "AIR BAG" and another which is a picture of a passenger with seat belt on and the air bag in front. The picture is the one that is flashing at me, in the manual it says it might have something to do with the seat belt pre tensioner and must be repaired at the nissan dealer. Something I will not do unless absolutely necessary. Any help would be awesome. Cheers guys.

does your horn still work?

airbag warning light also shows when the 'clock-spring' (part in the steering wheel) fails.

if no horn then its the clock spring, if the horn works, then i hope someone else here can help answer

Hi Jon

We have a BA Falcon and the seatbelt/airbag started flashing. I fixed it by disconnecting the plugs under the drivers seat and blowing them out with air from a compressor and reassembling.

Alan

The horn works still, I might have to dry out the plugs under the seat a bit better. I thought if they were wet they would have dried out after a couple of days though. Its been about a week since I took it for a swim.

Well got it working again using the method that was explained by maddogrc in the other thread on the same topic. Can't believe I missed that when I started this thread. Just went through the exact procedure as described and the diagnostic mode started up and it just cycled through flashing as before but at a much slower rate. Left it there for a bit turned off ignition for 5 seconds and then back on. All good again. Thanks maddog you're a legend. Where on earth did you find that info out.

airbag warning light also shows when the 'clock-spring' (part in the steering wheel) fails.

if no horn then its the clock spring, if the horn works, then i hope someone else here can help answer

I never thought that the clock spring would also be a part of the airbag warning light. As you can see, my friend had recently experienced this warning light and we're kinda clueless how to clear up this warning light. Since it has no horn like you said, then my friend's problem is definitely the clock spring. Anyway, thanks for telling this.

Well got it working again using the method that was explained by maddogrc in the other thread on the same topic. Can't believe I missed that when I started this thread. Just went through the exact procedure as described and the diagnostic mode started up and it just cycled through flashing as before but at a much slower rate. Left it there for a bit turned off ignition for 5 seconds and then back on. All good again. Thanks maddog you're a legend. Where on earth did you find that info out.

G'day Brains Trust,

I'm new here.

I am assisting someone with the same problem as Jon. Could you please direct me to the thread described above, it seems to elude me...

The vehicle is a 2006 Navara W40 SRS, the horn still works and the local dealer (Geraldton) wants $700 to replace the clock spring. Would like to try some other options afore we go down that path.

All the best

P

Hi My car's airbag light just started flashing on and off for no reason. It did not get wet, nor was I driving at night, no crash happened. my horn still works. The 2006 d40 stx has never been in 4wd. I have tried turning the car on and off until the light goes off and then as soon as I move the car the light starts to flash on and off again:devil: Also tried the door button but no glory.:devil:. If there is anyone out to help?
Cheers Rimmer

Maddogrc you are a hero it worked for me after fitting a new radio. What Maddogrc does is this:
his:

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

D22 airbag light help

I've tried the procedure for resetting my 08 str airbag but not having any luck resetting it. I get it into diagnostic mode without a drama but it won't seem to reset. Any other ideas?

This forum is awesome.

Airbag light was flashing aafter removing the seat.. ARB couldnt reset it and asked me to take it to nissan who said they needed the car car an hour and a half!!

this fixed it in 5 mins!

thanks guys!

good to hear that it worked out for you! didn't think of trying that.

it seems to be a common nissan thing for the newer vehicles

Thanx maddodrc have had this prob since new,sick of driving the 60klm to my dealer.It seems to happen just after their servicing.Trying to blame it on bullbar,driving lights,ect.To bad its a genuine bar.Anyway it worked a charm on my 2.5 2013 STR.Hugh

Thanks alot maddogrc and taffy132 worked perfectly the first shot. Had to get seatbelts replaced and had this issue when reinstalling. All good now though . Cheers!!

This reset worked for me, 2006 D22

I was about to pull the globe and thought google first and ended up here.

It came about as i was looking to see if I could tension up the retraction for the belt.

Thanks for the info.

Bingo

STX-550, Reset worked.

The light came on after the drivers seat had been unplugged.
Airbag wire is a single with Black Plug.

2 wire, with White plug will stop the Seat Belt Light (and Beep) if it is unplugged.

Latest posts

Back