All Terrain Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaysea

Reaction score
looking at purchasing new tyres for my d40, has got a 2" lift! looking at getting all terrains? any help would be good thanks?

looking at putting 275/70/17??

Mate check out the D40 section of the forum there are tonnes of pages of info and even polls done on that exact topic, it will have so much info that you will end up more confused then ever!
happy reading.

best all terrains are BFGoodrich, some people complain about them but most people love them.

i just put this in another thread but i will add it here as well.

The Mickey T 4rib is a good A/T also and won the tyre comparo in the 4x4 ACTION mag for the sand section of the test.
I ran them on my last D40 for 90'000km and my brother in-law is still using them with 100'000km now on them, that includes allot of OFF Road use in all types of conditions, sand dunes, mud, rocky ground, ect I personally rate them!
mate they are an awesome tyre, and they are a more aggressive A/T but yet still give good grip on wet tar roads.
I have used BF's as well and they are a very good and reliable tyre also and you cant really go wrong with them they are tried and tested and have been around for many many years (they have had a few face lifts here and there)

i just put this in another thread but i will add it here as well.

The Mickey T 4rib is a good A/T also and won the tyre comparo in the 4x4 ACTION mag for the sand section of the test.
I ran them on my last D40 for 90'000km and my brother in-law is still using them with 100'000km now on them, that includes allot of OFF Road use in all types of conditions, sand dunes, mud, rocky ground, ect I personally rate them!
mate they are an awesome tyre, and they are a more aggressive A/T but yet still give good grip on wet tar roads.
I have used BF's as well and they are a very good and reliable tyre also and you cant really go wrong with them they are tried and tested and have been around for many many years (they have had a few face lifts here and there)

I agree, I have used both BFG AT's and the MT 4 Rib AT and I will be getting the Mickey T again. Awesome tyre.

Yokohama geolander at's awesome tyre half the price of mickey t's and bf goody.

Theres a reason they are a lower price, they are pretty much a HT tyre not an AT, their mud tyres looks ok though, BFG and Mickey Thompson though you know they will just go anywhere within reason and I know someone personally who took a set of BFG's to cape twice and they went on to do 120000km on the set.

and for the record BFG's cost about $345 a corner in AT 265/75r16 and the geolander is about $270 from memory.

I think last year 4wd action did a test on the top 5 or 10 AT tyres. Including bf's,mickey, yokohama, coopers etc put them through everything mud, sand , wet roads etc. pretty well flogged them. Yokohama came in at 3 rd and actually did the big names in the mud and sand except for mickey t's and some other brand I have never heard of in my life. Overall I think they came in at 3 rd best tyre. Personal preference I guess but I have been using them for 6 years now and they have never let me down get roughly 70000 to 80000 out of mine, so for $220 a tyre from bob Jane think ill stick with them.

Latest posts

Back