Alloy rim recall - anyone heard anything?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had mine checked 3 months ago,no cracks found and said i would be contacted within 12 months to have them replaced.2 weeks ago had the nav serviced and still had no idea when they were to be replaced.5 days later recieved a letter to say wheels had arrived,getting fitted tommorow.

Yeah i got mine replaced only coz i said i heard about it and they checked and i use my d40 for fun and work like heavy work always loaded and all 4 had slight cracks what they said anyway lol

Took mine in for the second recall inspection and advised they will be replaced and will notify me when available. Asked them are they doing a wheel balance and alignment when they replace wheels and was told it's not necessary. Any way after a bit more discussion they informed me they do not have the equipment and I will need to take it elsewhere at my expense.
Am I being a tight arse or have others had balancing and alignments done by the dealership when the wheels have been replaced or is the dealership correct in saying it is not necessary.
WayneD4T

Dropped my wheels off this afternoon and go pick them up all sorted tomorrow.So Canberra definately has stock.
Have to admit apart from the Service desk guys initial surprise it all went really smooth. He was about to say he had been expecting the car all day blah blah blah and then he read the note that said i would be dropping the wheels off to them so all in all everything went exactly as I had hoped. Fingers crossed tomorrow pickup is just as smooth .

New wheels here too, 2 hrs and all done.. Now I know why Nissan parts are so expensive, it's to pay for all the recalls they seem to have...

I got mine replaced last week too. All nice and shiny.. Shame I went out bush the next day and scratched them all again.. Oh well..

Got the call and had them fitted late lastv week. Said they balanced them too!!!! All good.

Have you read any of the recall threads?

The date ranges are clearly stated somewhere in all the threads.

Got my new wheels today, took an 1hr , Mandurah Nissan send the car across the road to Bridgestone for fitting and balance as can`t do in house which is good.

I hit the bloke up at servicing if i can drop off a new set of tyres and they can put them on for me while they are replacing the wheels, bloke said yeah for sure. fingers crossed that all goes to plan!

Strange!!! Had new rims fitted and balanced on Friday, parked D40 back in garage after driving the 5km home. Moved D40 out of garage Sunday afternoon and went to shut garage door and noticed 2 strips of stick on wheel weight on the floor. Took it back this arvo to Bridgestone who did the changeover and the weights were from the rhs of the car. Both wheels have now been re balanced.

May pay for others to keep an eye on your wheel weights.

Cheers

Bruce

Strange!!! Had new rims fitted and balanced on Friday, parked D40 back in garage after driving the 5km home. Moved D40 out of garage Sunday afternoon and went to shut garage door and noticed 2 strips of stick on wheel weight on the floor. Took it back this arvo to Bridgestone who did the changeover and the weights were from the rhs of the car. Both wheels have now been re balanced.

May pay for others to keep an eye on your wheel weights.

Cheers

Bruce
This happened to me this morning, it seems there's some sort of coating on the rims which the adhesive doesn't like. Spoke to one of the mechanics doing it and he says they use a solvent to try and wipe/clean the surface before sticking them on but you get the odd one falling off. Seems to be common'ish thing.

Latest posts

Back