Altenator on a thai built d40 kingcab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oz2810

Reaction score
Had the miss fourtune when driving home the other day of an unusal noise coming from the engine bay ,on first inspection could not find the souce.Turned the engine off and restarted the engine and sound gone.Noted that the battery light had come on .Drove for a few more minutes and noticed the engine temp was maxing out so pulled over and turned the engine off.I am thinking fan belt,no the belt was their but the pulley on the alternator had sheared off.Can,t get an exchange for this type of altenator so had to buy a newie and at 1200 hundred not cheap,was told by nissan that this was rare but have been told that this new type of altenator is failing in other makes as well.Has any one come across this and is it worth giving nissan a ring .I am a bit dissapointed as i don,t mind doing belts and other wareing parts but to have the altenator just fail like that is not normal ,i don,t think.Yours Peter

Latest posts

Back