My new nightmare

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was found today after moving the car from one mechanic to another.... Very sus

image-567504032.jpg

I would carefully go over the really important parts of the car. Brake lines, brake shoes (watch for lubricant squirted onto brake shoes). Take photographic evidence of it all.

I can't think of how damage like that could naturally happen to a shock absorber. Sounds to me like the guys need to be taken through the legal system.

You might get some immediate satisfaction by using that shock as a suppository on the guy, but you'll get longer lasting satisfaction watching them squirm in a courtroom.

Take more photos, keep the shock (in plastic) and warn everyone you know that you don't believe these people to be as competent as you once might have thought and that they should strongly reconsider taking their business elsewhere (they can't sue you for saying that).

Don't forget to check wheel nuts... And hope there's nothing in the tank, maybe check filter...
And as said photo and doc everything

Bad run mate sorry to hear, will say its a good lookimng rig though, very similar to my own. hang in there as im sure its coming to the end, dont take the rubbish they tell you without questioning it with somoene else. Good luck and hopfully you can enjoy the 22 soon.

Thanks for all the advice and sympathy guys! I finally have it back! Don't really know what I'm gonna do about the dodgy mechanics. I'm inclined to just leave it and be glad my ordeal is over and give them the worse feedback I can to anyone and everyone I know who needs a mechanic. I just hate that they get good publicity from 4wdtv.
But yes I have it back and the secondhand engine I have had put in is running well and Tony all the brake lines and everything like that are fine thankfully
Still cannot believe all this crap took 4 months with the dodgys but the new mechanic I used (Scott who owns Cool Core Radiators) put a whole new engine in, checked over the whole car and organised the tow truck which also picked up the old engine and other bits in less than 5 days!

Thanks for all the advice and sympathy guys! I finally have it back! Don't really know what I'm gonna do about the dodgy mechanics. I'm inclined to just leave it and be glad my ordeal is over and give them the worse feedback I can to anyone and everyone I know who needs a mechanic. I just hate that they get good publicity from 4wdtv.
But yes I have it back and the secondhand engine I have had put in is running well and Tony all the brake lines and everything like that are fine thankfully
Still cannot believe all this crap took 4 months with the dodgys but the new mechanic I used (Scott who owns Cool Core Radiators) put a whole new engine in, checked over the whole car and organised the tow truck which also picked up the old engine and other bits in less than 5 days!

Glad there is finally an out come and someowho was willing to be honest with you, id still hammer them anywhich way you can, they will just do it to others and no one deserves to be treated that way.

Glad to hear that too! Nothing better then dealing with people that want to help you not shaft you to spend money when you don't need to.. It's an expensive lesson you learnt but a good one also to keep in mind for future.. You have the power of forums at your finger tips these days which in turn helps all of us!

Excellent to hear that it's back and running and now you can go enjoy it. It's just such a shame that they took so much time and money away.

Time to earn some new pin striping, the kind that only good bushes can do!

Latest posts

Back