Annoying noise!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
While I have been driving the last few days a real annoying noise has appeared behind the cab on the right hand side somewhere. It seems to appear when I am turning left, putting the right hand side under some sort of load and now appears when going over speed bumps. It's starting to get to me, I can't find anything loose but have a feeling its somewhere in the suspension. Can anyone suggest what could have loosed up or things I should check... Torsion bars...shocks... Any previous experiences.... Help me!:feedback:

While I have been driving the last few days a real annoying noise has appeared behind the cab on the right hand side somewhere. It seems to appear when I am turning left, putting the right hand side under some sort of load and now appears when going over speed bumps. It's starting to get to me, I can't find anything loose but have a feeling its somewhere in the suspension. Can anyone suggest what could have loosed up or things I should check... Torsion bars...shocks... Any previous experiences.... Help me!:feedback:
have you checked out the bushes in the rear springs alpha, gazza.

No not yet, the suspension is not even 12 months old I didn't think of checking them... Do they split easily?

Have you taken the vehicle off-road? Any impacts on the rear wheels (eg gutters)?

It could be a bent shock. It could be muck between the leaves of the springs. It could be debris in the shackle or the bushes at the front/rear of the leaves or a body mount that's come loose (for some reason this does happen on the D40s).

It could be a passenger riding in the tub screaming because they have a psychological condition about left-hand corners too - since you didn't describe the sound, all we can do is make wild guesses.

A broken body mount is a common problem for the area you are describing in the d22

Ok tony that is a strange way to describe my wife but no it's not the passenger...the best way to describe the noise is like when your tyre hits the inside of your guard but random and not continous. I have checked the body mounts and the look ok except for a few cracks but I will fix that soon with a body lift. In desperation I removed the sliders, I thought the may be a little to close to the body and may be hitting the front guard with a bit of body roll. The clunking noise has appeared to have dissapeard but going for a spin out at glasshouse this arvo so we will see..... Check the forum this arvo.... I may need a tow!

Body mount same noise in my D22, Checked rear body mount totally chopped out from the inside. It would have been undetectable if Idid not pull it out as appeared good from the outside.

Latest posts

Back