Another Fraser trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40Craig

Reaction score
Heading off on the 8th of Feb with the family and a mate with his family in their D40 as well. My cousin who is a cop at Tewantin reckons that one of the fenced camp sites like Dundeburra are the best if your taking young kids, centrally located beach wise too. He also has some time off so he may be coming too.
I've been up there a couple of times but not for about 15 years. Any guys been up recently that have any new info?. Staying about a week to 10 days.
Cheers.

We had four kids under 6 with us when we were there around new years and had a great time.
we never stayed in the fenced areas, if you are worried about Dingo's i wouldnt be We saw one over 8 days and i clocked up 850km on the island, and the ONE we saw was two minutes before we got on the Barge to go home.

we were there for a wk at christmas and saw 4-5 dingo's max, we camped on the beach about a km before the maheno, was close to every where and was a great spot.... if you camp in the fenced places you miss out on the view, and make sure you get to the sandy cape, its a great drive

Have delayed trip until 22nd Feb because of the weather. My cousinis a cop up that way and he rang the cop station on Fraser and was told that a lot of the inland tracks have trees down etc. Rangers will need time to clear everything. Also, the beach has lost a fair bit of sand in the big surf, BIG washouts etc.

sounds like it will be more challenging then when i was up there, the drive along the beach was very tame.

yea QLD beaches have lost a fair bit of sand, our beach (Coolum) has 4m almost vertical sand dunes atm and rocks all over the beach, would make driving along it by car a dangerous affair.

In regards to the dingoes, don't worry to much, being dogs they are quite smart and just hang out where there are heaps of people and unfortunately food scraps as well... at the remote parts of the island you will literally never see one (been to fraser 5 times now so thats my opinion anyway).

Dont worry about Dingos, unless your staying down at the bottom (south end) of the island, when i say worry i mean just don't be suprised if you see one, as for the northern region... they just weren't out and about.

We stayed at Marloo (north of waddy point) for 8 days and saw ZILCH
however when we camped at Wongai for the final 2 nights we say up to 6 a day and one pack of 6, every morning and arvo, some were quite inquisitive.

Not worried about Dingos, I've been up there 4 times myself and seen lots with no prob. Looking forward to some fishing thou, as long as the weather is good.

how did the trip go mate I i didn't end up getting up there I'm in Mackay instead working in cyclone weather. I love my job NOT!!

Rain Rain BLOODY Rain.
Only stayed 2 nights and buggerd off back to Rainbow Beach in a cabin. Couldn't get back to Gympie cause the road was cut and so was the Marybourgh bridge. Stayed 2 nights in Rainbow and 1 night in Tin Can Bay and it rained. And rained and rained.
Already planning to go back - when it's dry!.
Cheers.

I was there 2009 feb. had huge problems with dingos chasing us in to water stealing towels dingo fights in cathedrals beach park. Prob saw about 25 dingos in 4 days did around 1000ks there

Latest posts

Back