Another limp mod thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew0

Reaction score
First of all apologies, I'm sure everyone's sick of them.

To start of with, bought the car second hand and I don't think Nissan will want to touch it without me paying. So I'm hoping I can fix this my self.

D40 manual 08 2.5td

Running 3inch turbo back exhaust and egr blank plate.

This has been around before the exhaust and plate, think I make it limp because it have the exhaust and it's much easier to rev it harder.

Will enter limp no engine light when in first gear above 3500 rpm. Some times in the top end of second gear.

I did clean my maf sensor about a week ago and it was dirty.

The error code saved with the flashy engine light thing is 1272 I'm pretty sure. Which leads me to hope it's just a dirty scv. Will pull it out tomorrow maybe. I did just put some liquid moly Diesel engine cleaver through it tho. Still have to finish the tank.

Will I get a better understanding with the scangauge tool? Been trying find wether it's worth the purchase or not.

Cheers

Also I have checked the turbo actuator before and while in limp. Still moves around a fair bit.

Could the 3inch exhaust be causing overboosting?

Probably cheaper to get an OBD11 bluetooth reader and download the " TORQUE" app than getting a scanguage. Witha 3" exhaust you might be boosting to quick.

The exhaust isn't going to change the turbo's spool rate by much, which is largely governed by the vanes of the turbo anyway. The aperture from the exhaust manifold is the key driving element and that's before the turbine. Opening up the exhaust AFTER the turbine will just allow the turbocharger to expel the gas a little easier, so it WILL spool better but not my much.

It could be the SCV. If diesel injector cleaner doesn't do the trick, cleaning the SCV in petrol and rinsing it in fresh diesel before reinstallation might be good enough - has saved a few people from the expense (new SCV is about $240 @ Nissan, cheaper at Nizzbits.com.au).

Will take it for a drive in a little bit and try with fuel cap loose. Ill video the flashing sequence if it does. When you reset the computer does it reset any fault saved.

Think the loose cap might have done the trick. I'll be pulling the little sucker out tomorrow.

Yea that's it. I usually turn it off, then lock and unlock the car wait then go.

Way to hot to try clean it today. Hopefully get around to it this weekend some time.

Latest posts

Back