Any tips when fitting an exhaust?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
About to fit a 3" to my d40
Are there any tips or tricks you've found in fitting yours?

Not quite sure where to start from/ whats going to take the longest

I have found removing from rear to front and installing from front to rear the easiest on my last D40 exhaust.

I had a bit of trouble getting my hands in around the heat shield that need to be removed to get access to drop the large heavy cat.

Some sections are easier cut up with a grinder to remove, especially if you are throwing it away.

WD40 or Freeze realease and drown it in all the nuts on the dump pipe and any thing that has been hot.

There is nothing worse them snapping a bolt off your exhaust. I have always work back to front the Dump pipe back.

just take your time and make sure it is done once and done right.

As above with the wd40 or crc. Spay the bolts everyday for a couple of day in advance. It's a well know proven theory, the harder it is the more you spray on lol

Thanks fellas, his much room is there around the dump pipe?
I have to take my bash plates yet so I haven't had a good look

Thanks for the tips! I'm not game e ought to remove the heat shields and drive it so I haven't been able to get to the bolts. Ill get it off first and spray heavily before I start it!
Hoping its nice and smooth :/

use a good set of hex head sockets if you use a socket with 12 points ill assure you of 1 thing you will strip 1 or more bolts.

I dont have a 40 but when I did mine I used a product called nutcracker by momar. We use it at work for everything and it really does work. Also used qualty sockets and offset spammers to et in behind turbo. Take your time. I would see if you get the turbo bolts off first then remove from back to front and reinstall from front to back.

Thanks for all the tips guys I'm heading home at lunch to start can't wait any longer. She's a sexy piece of kit

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378430075247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378430075247.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 70
I believe it is yes, the cat is in the dump yes.
Love the system though!! Best mod that I've done id say

Latest posts

Back