Anyone got a Kluger?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
We are seriously thinking of trading up to a new one in the next couple of days, have been tossing up whether to trade my Nav for a patrol or the missus's 07 Rav4 for the kluger. We need to do one or the other because we need a better 7 seat car, we have an aftermarket fold up seat in the back of the Rav and it is a legal 7 seater but the seat isn't really big enough to be an everyday option.

I have put so much into my Navara that it would make me cry to get rid of it, so looks like we are going to trade the Rav. I test drove the Patrol and it was really nice, but I dread the thought of starting over with the mods (and the cost that goes with them!)

Also to be honest we aren't even looking at other makes for her car because the Rav has been hands down the best car we have ever had.

I have been googling and havent found too many bad reports about the Kluger and we are going for a second test drive today to make sure we can live with it's bigger size (and it is bloody big!)

Anyone else got any thoughts on them?

Compared to the first series of Klugers, the current one is massive, it's like a Prado.

Who are you thinking of putting in the 6th and 7th seat? My missus' oldies have a first series Kluger and I've been in the back back seat, it's not ideal... I'm 6'1'.

Other than that, it's a V6 Camry wagon with a lift kit, can't go wrong :cheers!:

Iether my 9 or 12 year old will fit in the very back seat quite easily, it certainly wont be me lol. The current model are much bigger than the first series so there is a fair bit of room, oh and did I mention 200kw!!!

A friend had a Kluger and traded it for a VW Touareg. The issue for him was towing capacity - the Kluger was 2.5T, and the Touareg 3.5T. Since he has a 2.4T boat, the Kluger was struggling and the Touareg barely knows it's there.

Guy at work bought one 6 months ago for similar reasons (ie space for family) and he loves it. He spent months looking and test driving every possible vehicle and choose the Kluger in the end.

Well we put a deposit on a new kluger today, The difference between their first offer and what we finally paid was $9,000. Jees I hate the stupid games car dealers play. I was really impressed with the car all over, though it is a bit more of a bitch to park than the Rav, it's almost as bad as my D40 lol.

Thanks for the info on the Patrol Kingcab, I still think I will trade my Nav up for one in the near future but not just yet.

Hopefully get the new one sometime next week.

Well done mate! My wifes car is an 07 Rav as well and I also agree with how good a car it is. I'm guessing the Kluger is just a bigger version, if so then I reckon I'd be buying it as well!!!!!

Cheers Brad

Latest posts

Back