Anyone have any experience with the Nissan Extended Warranty?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trouble is any mods will void it wont they? I have a power chip and in the near future will be looking at a safari snorkel, 160l fuel tank and 2" lift kit.

For those mods ....the answer is NO except maybe for the chip.. In my experience the chips available today are plug and play...so if you have a warranty issue you just unplug and unplay prior to taking the car in.

Have to toss and turn to think of what is best, an extra 3 years and up to 150,000km (currently at 45300) for $1500 is probable a really good idea. Just have to scrounge for the cash an put of the 160L fuel tank.

I spoke to the dealer today about the extended warranty, Extra 3yr's up to 150,000klm's is $1370.
The service manager say's, If there is a claim Nissan ask, "Are there any modifications?"
He said for eg, If you have a mod intercooler and it was a claim related to eng problem it would have to be mentioned in the claim paper work but may not have a baring on the outcome if it is not directly proven to have had an effect on the cause.
Obviously a modified intercooler will have No baring on a differential claim etc.

No but the one thing some people have brought up (and I refuse to take the "offer" so I can't say if it's true or not) is that it's written in the contract that servicing must be done by Nissan or a Nissan approved mechanic during the extended warranty and signing such an agreement means there is no getting out of it not like during the standard warranty where they can't hold you to dealer servicing,.

Good point mate, I will ask about that 2moz.
He ( A great service manager BTW) did say it is important to have a good relationship with your service manager to help field the questions from Mr Nissan.

Actually I thought it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that once you take up the extended warranty you effectively stop dealing with your local dealer and deal with Nissan. Any work is still done at your local dealer (or any dealer) but Nissan have to authroise everything where as under normal warranty the local dealer can and sometimes does make the decisions on what is claimable and what isn't based on what they know they can get through Nissan.

I could be wrong but I thought I read that here a while ago. Either way make sure you read the entire document and not just take the service managers word for anything even if he is your best friend.

Very true, another good point. Cheers.
I'll come back when I know.

Dealer sendin me the PDS and booklet so I'll post the info asap.

Latest posts

Back