Anyone made their own bash plates for D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
Has anyone made their own bash plates for the d22? Would love to see some pics.

I know they can be bought but I think you could make them better customised, and cheaper also.

Has anyone made their own bash plates for the d22? Would love to see some pics.

I know they can be bought but I think you could make them better customised, and cheaper also.

I have TJM guards, I wouldn't buy them again. A mate has just bought a D22 and we are going to copy and improve on the TJM ones. They aren't difficult to make. Will get dimensions and crap eventually if you can wait a little while.

I made one out of checkplate, I think it looks good, it only took me and a mate about 1 hour to knock it up. I will try and get some pics this weekend. As for cost I couldnt tell you as I got the checkerplate from a mate, but I believe the peice I used was probably worth about $400. I have a fair size peice left over, I think I will try to make a smaller bash plate for the back of the gearbox.

I have TJM guards, I wouldn't buy them again. A mate has just bought a D22 and we are going to copy and improve on the TJM ones. They aren't difficult to make. Will get dimensions and crap eventually if you can wait a little while.

That would be fantastic mate if you could do that!
Do you have the sump guard? or just the main one at the front?

I made one out of checkplate, I think it looks good, it only took me and a mate about 1 hour to knock it up. I will try and get some pics this weekend. As for cost I couldnt tell you as I got the checkerplate from a mate, but I believe the peice I used was probably worth about $400. I have a fair size peice left over, I think I will try to make a smaller bash plate for the back of the gearbox.

Look forward to the pix!

That would be fantastic mate if you could do that!
Do you have the sump guard? or just the main one at the front?

I've got the sump/diff guard and the gearbox guard. Gearbox is very straightforward but the front diff/sump guard has a few tricky bends. Will take plenty of photos and dimensions when we do the job.

This is what I've got.

IMG_1634.sized.jpg

need to get some scratch marks/dents in those plate mate....too much work and no play eh

need to get some scratch marks/dents in those plate mate....too much work and no play eh

There plenty scratched up now mate don't worry. That was straight after I fitted them. I probably need to repaint them actually.

oh yours are painted? mine are that gold coloured super alloy 5 coating. maybe thats why you had trouble fitting them when mine went on easy, its very strange that they are different.

added: hehe just came to me, you probably just sprayed them yourself before fitting

Last edited:
any tips on fitting? I just got some the brown davis one, and hope to fit it friday afternoon before toolangi.

But brown davis is only a sump and front diff plate. They don't do a transfer gearbox plate like tjm. I'm after both plates to save me big bills

But brown davis is only a sump and front diff plate. They don't do a transfer gearbox plate like tjm. I'm after both plates to save me big bills

my local tjm said they cant supply bash plates for a 2010 d 22
told me to check out brown davis, ime afta both plates too
surely someone makes them ??

Back