ARB compressor - where to mount

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm installing mine in behind the rear seat this week. I'm also getting child seat anchors fitted so I think I will make an extension hose up to stick out from behind the seat. I've had a good look and the floor at that point is double skinned so I will use some nutserts to install it and get rid of the backing plate that is supplied. I'm not a fan of underbonnet installs and it would be a lot of mucking around moving stuff to get it to fit. I'll put picks up when done.

Somewhere on this forum is a picture of someone's install of the ARB compressor behind the rear seat of a dual(?) cab. It is a permanent install with the socket brought out to a fitting on the passenger side.

So it is simply a matter of inserting the hose and hitting the console switch.

It looked a very good idea to me to make use of otherwise useless space.

<mutter, I really need to get the jack and tyre iron from out behind there. >

there was a thread a while back on "what's behind your rear seat" that will have some pics of different ideas

I looked at mounting compressor behind seat - rear wall is double plate and looking at the bottom of the well, all I saw was issues with getting bolts done up from under the car. I put my compressor in the engine bay (pic in garage). Pumped up 8 tyres straight - no heat / cycle rate issues.

post up some pics when you've got your installed !!!!

I'm installing mine in behind the rear seat this week. I'm also getting child seat anchors fitted so I think I will make an extension hose up to stick out from behind the seat. I've had a good look and the floor at that point is double skinned so I will use some nutserts to install it and get rid of the backing plate that is supplied. I'm not a fan of underbonnet installs and it would be a lot of mucking around moving stuff to get it to fit. I'll put picks up when done.

Hey mate. How did you go with your behind the seat install ? Any pics yet. I'm still sitting on this, as i haven't had time to do it yet. And since i'm getting my tyres this week, i figured it's time to do something about the compressor instead of it just sitting in the garage collecting dust.

Yeah its in there no problems, haven't got around to wiring it up yet. Need to extend the wires considerably when installing it there. I used some Rivnuts as the two back holes were in a section that was double skinned. I'll get pics up soon.

Here's a few pics of where I mounted mine in the D40

Makes for quick and easy use

Attachments

• image-1800713199.jpg
    image-1800713199.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 233
  • image-4169985950.jpg
    image-4169985950.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 237
Im getting one installed behind rear seat on thursday. $520 installed by arb. is this a fair price. will also post pics once its in

hosery said:
Im getting one installed behind rear seat on thursday. $520 installed by arb. is this a fair price. will also post pics once its in

Which compressor is it?
It's not exactly rocket science to install just takes time to run things under carpet an through the firewall.

Um no idea its an arb one $290. Yeah i thought it shouldnt be that hard but at least they will fit it straight away instead of me leaving it in the shed for weeks than piss farting around with it for an arvo when i have time

Yeh thats exactly what its going to cost me all up. Plus they threw in the tyre inflation kit as well as the gauge.

Which compressor is it?
It's not exactly rocket science to install just takes time to run things under carpet an through the firewall.

I was almost tempted to install mine my self, but because of not installing anything like that before i figured, ill let them do it properly. Plus the cars in the for tyres and suspension anyway so, they can muck around with it while theyre at it.

Um no idea its an arb one $290. Yeah i thought it shouldnt be that hard but at least they will fit it straight away instead of me leaving it in the shed for weeks than piss farting around with it for an arvo when i have time

Yeh mines the same, cmka12 model from memory. High output onboard.

Well it finally got fitted today. Heres some pics. Awesome job. Only thing i'd like to do with it is, put smoe vibration dampeners underneath it or something, because when it's running the vibro-noise it transfers to the body of the car is ultra annoying.
dsc0005at.jpg

dsc0007ir.jpg

they are good at their job i must say that!!!

Only thing i can think of is you have to lower the seat to plug the air hose in? Or will You leave it connected all the time?

they are good at their job i must say that!!!

Only thing i can think of is you have to lower the seat to plug the air hose in? Or will You leave it connected all the time?

For now yes. Future project is to run a permanent air socket from the compressor to the tub once the canopy is on.

That looks really good.

How loud is it when the compressor is running, i've heard they can get quite annoying if you have a small air leak and they are constantly charging up.

Also did they say anything about that position and going to Air Lockers later?

OK, here's the setup I installed in my Navara last week.

Installed in in the space near the master cyl, was a bit of a fidley job but I thought it was worth the effort.
I started by bending the booster vacuum pipe up until it was vertical, gently does it.

picture.php

Then decided to use existing holes to mount the compressor, this meant making an adaptor plate. I had some 2mm checker plate that I got from Bunnings some time ago. Also had to part remove the plastic trim from under the mud guard to access the back of the inner guard. The top two holes are threaded.

picture.php

Started with a cardboard template, checked it would fit in, then cut out the checker plate with a jigsaw.

picture.php

Bolted the ARB mount to this with some short 6mm stainless bolts, again from Bunnings.

picture.php

Back