ARB compressor - where to mount

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodge

Reaction score
Where do you guys have a in-vehicle (not portable) compressor mounted in the 22?
I'll be getting the ARB single 12V comp so just wondering. Don't think it can be anywhere under bonnet so i'm thinking behind the rear seats maybe.

mate i dont have one but my suggestion would be to tuck it away beind the rear seat. that would be the best olocation as its high and dry. cant get wet and cant get dust on it and wont get damaged from engine heat.

if you dont mind me asking what $ you paying for the compressor kit and install? or are you DIY the install?

Goodluck.

Yeah mate mine is behind the rear seat on the passenger side. fits nicely and is handy when i deed to get to it.

Thanks fellas. Looks like behind the seat it is.
Rusty, i'm getting a new opened one from a mate as hes getting a belt driven one fitted. So i'm getting it next to nothing. I think they're about $290 from ARB - not including fitting and not including the hose kit.

thats cool. im thinking about one but with so many different ones on the market i have no idea anymore

Only reason i'm going with the ARB one is, we have a ton of vehicles at work fitted with the them, various models. And they've been through hell and back, and still keep on keeping on. Don't think we had any fail. Good enough for me.

Only reason i'm going with the ARB one is, we have a ton of vehicles at work fitted with the them, various models. And they've been through hell and back, and still keep on keeping on. Don't think we had any fail. Good enough for me.

Plus the ARB ones can be fully re-built with a re-build kit available for about $70 bucks. That is what attracted me the most to them. Mines still portable at this stage but im considering mounting it up somewear the only problem with behine the seat I can see is that they get hot. See how we go!
Hasent missed a beat and it coppes a flogging having to fill up 3-4 trucks with big muddies as we hit the black top again coz no one else is the group has a compressor! just give it a little break inbetween trucks to cool abit and shes no worries :cheers!:

Rusty, i'm getting a new opened one from a mate as hes getting a belt driven one fitted. So i'm getting it next to nothing. I think they're about $290 from ARB - not including fitting and not including the hose kit.

I recently bought the ARB compressor but a portable one that comes in a small toolbox . Paid $315 including hose and fittings i just keep it in the back and connect to battery when needed.

I recently bought the ARB compressor but a portable one that comes in a small toolbox . Paid $315 including hose and fittings i just keep it in the back and connect to battery when needed.

That was my original intention. But then i thought about it, having to always lug the pack out and set it up, pop the bonnet or whatever when i can just click in the hoses, press the button and off she goes...

Please tell me you havent put it there. Not only do they get quite hot, but what a PITA place to have it if you're touring...

Behind the read seats is ok unless you have a kids seat or two in, then its a pain in the ass. I had to got an small length of hose and have it connected to the compressor and it runs just out the side of the seat.

Ol mate I mounted my arb under bonnet easy had to adjust a few hoses but looks neat
upper left just behind fuse box mounted it on 150X150mmx3mm alumin plate put rubber in between stop noise there is even bolt holes to use (M8 think)

Yeah plan on mounting mine under bonnet (drivers side front) , mite enclose it somehow for bit more protection seems like a lot less hassle pop bonnet away u go…no good if crankn dual batteries I Suppose

Yeah plan on mounting mine under bonnet (drivers side front) , mite enclose it somehow for bit more protection seems like a lot less hassle pop bonnet away u go…no good if crankn dual batteries I Suppose

ive got dual batteries and its fine.... tho not much else is going in my engine bay!

Have mine mounted in next to the rear draws behind the drivers side wheel arch. I would imagine that it would heat up quite a bit behind the rear seat. Having the front locker fitted next month so dont know where to run the air line through yet.

Hey guys,

Got a CKMA12 looking at mounting it the engine bay on my 08 D22 (YD25 Engine) but the only spot I could find was where I want to mount a 2nd battery. Looking at behind the seats. Any problems with this if I want to add lockers at some point down the track?

Hey mate, i went into ARB to look at getting mine under the bonnet for future airlocker. Because of the dual battery setup and not much room in the engine bay youd have to modify a couple of things eg put plates in etc. Turned out to be a bit of work so i ended up gettting a portable one. i just chuck it in when i go offroading its not that much extra hassle to pop the bonnet and plug a couple leads together compared to getting modifications to fit one on. Another option i looked at was trying to modify the batteries. Because i wanted a safari snorkel the Passenger side battery is in the way so the only one that works is the nissan genuine snorkel. If you get rid of the passanger battery and modify that area a bit that is a neat spot to put the compressor and for a snorkel other then nissan genuine. There is a fair bit of work apparantly to move that battery or get rid of it and wire up the car differently (not 100% sure how to do that). Thats the only probs with the dual batteries setup and the engine bay that theres not much room. Hope this helps you out.

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to mount it behind the seats. As per the installation instructions I'm going to extend the power cables from behind the fuse opposite end from the battery to the required length. I'll also probably have to extend the dash leads as it doesn't look like they'll reach.

A guy on the newtriton forum had a pic of his setup behind the seats running dual lockers.
http://www.newtriton.net/myshed.php?view=1&id=975&vote=1

Latest posts

Back