ARB compressor - where to mount

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the fiddley bits and I forgot to take lots of pics so use your imagination.

I bolted the plate to the inner guard, used large flat washers held to the plate with some masking tape on the back so the plate would not distort, the inner guard has a raised section where the captive nuts are so a different number of washers was required for each hole.

picture.php

Mounting the compressor was a bit tricky, loosened the bolts on the compressor clamp, unbolted the fuse box and pulled it out as far as it would go. I was then able to fit the lower two bolts and tighten these up, they are on rubber mounts so the compressor will swing in and then fit the top two bolts, don't forget to tighten the compressor clamp bolts, again these are hard to get to. I hindsight the bracket could be removed and flipped up.

picture.php

picture.php

Installed the air fittings, bolted the fuse box back in.

Last edited:
Wiring was straight forward, found a hole in the firewall near the booster, ran the wires through this and siliconed up the hole. Screwed the relay to the bracket near the fuse box that hold the reservoir.
Fitted the ARB switch on the left side of the steering column but needed to file a bit out of the hole in the dash for the switch to fit.

The wiring from ARB is good quality albeit a bit long but it was easy to coil it up under the dash. The instructions mention isolator switch, turns out this is the compressor switch as this wiring kit also included wiring for two lockers. I connected the lamp and accessory wires to the cig lighter power, removed the centre dash to solder the connections.

Was a real bitch getting the dash off as I couldn't locate the two mystery clips and didn't want to scratch up the dash on my new car.
After reading all the posts on this forum I was still unable to get it off (dummy). I ended up getting a small flat bladed screwdriver in from the back of the dash and popping the clips up. Was easy once I found out where they were!!!!

Here's a pick of the clips, hope it helps someone else. While I was in there I pulled the earth and power from the cig lighter for my yet to come UHF installation.

picture.php

Awesome write up Dungee. Almost tempted to pull my one out from behind the seat and re-fit it like you did. Bloke i know did a same job as you in similar spot, not as tidy though. But he took it a step further, and ran a short bit of hose to the front and mounted a air socket to his bull bar. So when he needs to air up, he doesnt need to pop the bonnet, just flick the switch plug in and off you go.
As for those bastard clips... Well, i've been fitting my UHF system last 2 days. And a few choice words were yelled out throughout the ordeal. Those clips, AND the electrical plug that goes into the back of ciggie lighter gave me hell. But that parts done now.

Also mate, where exactly is hole near the booster? This was my biggest issue. And just in case i thought i'd mention, hope your sillicone isnt corrosive, as i've seen it chew through wiring a few times.

I'll post a pic this week of the wiring going through the firewall. I use bathroom silicone, its non corrosive however I'm not sure the other one would go through the insulation tape and the insulation on the wires anyhow? I'll probably add the extension hose after I fit the winch and dual batteries next month, I really don't mind opening the bonnet for a peek after a big day on the beach but it may be a major PITA if you were deflating the tyres 3 or 4 times a day.

Last edited:
Back