ARB Nitrocharger sports shock absorbers - front

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would be good if arb, being the company they are and having such a good rep that they would give you new arms that work with there shocks ay

I have fitted Ironman nitro to the front of my "08 d22 and they too have become damaged .They were purchased thinking they would fit straight on with no probs,, but now looks like they will have to be replaced with stock shocks .I will contact the supplyer i got them from and keep people posted on there take on it .
steve

To install the aftermarket control arms such as calmini/snake, does it need to be mod-plated? Not really acceptable in my book for a company to say "just knock a bit out with the grinder" in order to fit shocks in.

Mitch

Bilsteins are monotube, so for the same size piston you get a thinner shock.

So as I see it Jase - Bilsteins only have one 'wall' while others have two -therefore my simple mind says better protection for the piston etc - if you crack the outer shell the inner tube will keep the shock working - or am I being too simplistic?. I thought you could get a protective guard for the Bilsteins - true? So if that was fitted will they still rub?

So as I see it Jase - Bilsteins only have one 'wall' while others have two -therefore my simple mind says better protection for the piston etc - if you crack the outer shell the inner tube will keep the shock working - or am I being too simplistic?. I thought you could get a protective guard for the Bilsteins - true? So if that was fitted will they still rub?

Yes your correct a single wall tube doesn't offer the protection a dual oil tube shock does. If you dent the wall on a standard oil shock it will keep on working, but in saying that, Bilstein's are made from high quality heavy walled tube that doesn't dent easily (the reason they cost more). Not sure about the protective guard probably not really needed other than protecting the paint.

If it's performance you want then it's hard to go past a monoshock. Reliability wise a twin bore may be better.

Cheers Jase. You've had Bilsteins on a number of 4WD - any problems with them failing due to dents or damage?

Cheers Jase. You've had Bilsteins on a number of 4WD - any problems with them failing due to dents or damage?

Not really, I had one that started to leak oil, so I had it rebuilt $60. You can't do that with OME or EFS.

Cheers Pete - but new shocks haven't hit my top 3 mods yet! OME's are still working - I think! I would go to Morwell Springs and see Ray before I made any changes. He can get the lot and his labour costs aren't excessive.

For me it is tough to know what is good and bad as I had the OME put on shortly after I got the Nav (fitted Oct 2009) and having had a few mods done since I often wonder whether the shocks are doing their job, and if I spend more $$ on new shocks will I even notice it?

I have H/D EFS springs in the rear and H/D EFS torsion bars up front. Soon I will be adding Calmini control arms - but won't be raising the vehicle any higher than it is. What are people's thoughts on Bilsteins for the front and adjustable Rancho's or Tough Dog for the rear? The majority of the time my tub is empty and I only load it up when camping or taking the dogs away.

Dave - should we grab all the posts from 4x4Yak's post yesterday and start a new thread - "D22 Shocks" or "Bilsteins -v- The Rest"

Last edited:
Dave - should we grab all the posts from 4x4Yak's post yesterday and start a new thread - "D22 Shocks" or "Bilsteins -v- The Rest"

? I am lost.

Koni is the only other brand I would consider besides Bilstien.

? I am lost.

Koni is the only other brand I would consider besides Bilstien.

I'm simply suggesting that rather than continue the current conversation under the thread of ARB Nnitrocharger................. a moderator create a new thread and take the posts which started yesterday and start a new thread. If that can't be done or doesn't make sense then don't worry about it - no big deal.

Morwell Springs deal with Koni springs and shocks - Ray recommends them.

Back