ARB Nitrocharger sports shock absorbers - front

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask this guy for a price, I have bought 6 sets off him in the last 12 months, pretty hard to beat his prices unless you get them from the States.

NEW FULL SET BILSTEIN SHOCK ABSORBERS - RANGE/LANDROVER | eBay

Cheers mate, added the link to my favorites.

Will get a quote off him when im ready to buy. Have you bought shocks from the Stated before? If so got any good links for dealers overthere? Bought heaps of stuff from the States in the past and usually find its alot cheaper. Ill have a look around though.

Noworries Ridgie. I wont be buying for a little while yet so ill get in touch with you before i do to check you havent changed your mind.

Now hears a simple question for yous. Do the bilsteins comes in comfort and Firm or only firm? I dont usually carry any heavy loads so comfort would probably be best for me, any thoughts?

Ridgie, ill have a chat to Morwell Springs as well in a few weeks.

Cheers Pete

Just start a new thread.

I am sure people are sick of all the new threads I start by now.

Just start a new thread.

I am sure people are sick of all the new threads I start by now.

Never sick of your threads Dave. I don't need a new thread so I'll leave it as is for now - getting all the info I need from this one via you and the Leprechaun.

Still need an answer to this -

"I have H/D EFS springs in the rear and H/D EFS torsion bars up front. Soon I will be adding Calmini control arms - but won't be raising the vehicle any higher than it is. What are people's thoughts on Bilsteins for the front and adjustable Rancho's or Tough Dog for the rear? The majority of the time my tub is empty and I only load it up when camping or taking the dogs away."

Do the bilsteins comes in comfort and Firm or only firm? I dont usually carry any heavy loads so comfort would probably be best for me, any thoughts?

Shocks are described by their valving with the terms "rebound" & "bump". Bilsteins valves are a self adjusting deflecting type and will be tuned to suit your D22 as a standard setup, but you can always get them re-valved if your not happy with their performance.

An example of valving is "150/75" . So 150 is the rebound force of 1500 Newtons with 750N of Bump, the larger the number the firmer the shock will be.

Shocks are described by their valving with the terms "rebound" & "bump". Bilsteins valves are a self adjusting deflecting type and will be tuned to suit your D22 as a standard setup, but you can always get them re-valved if your not happy with their performance.

An example of valving is "150/75" . So 150 is the rebound force of 1500 Newtons with 750N of Bump, the larger the number the firmer the shock will be.

Noworries, thanks for thats mate.

Never sick of your threads Dave. I don't need a new thread so I'll leave it as is for now - getting all the info I need from this one via you and the Leprechaun.

Still need an answer to this -

"I have H/D EFS springs in the rear and H/D EFS torsion bars up front. Soon I will be adding Calmini control arms - but won't be raising the vehicle any higher than it is. What are people's thoughts on Bilsteins for the front and adjustable Rancho's or Tough Dog for the rear? The majority of the time my tub is empty and I only load it up when camping or taking the dogs away."

The adjustable shocks may work better in the rear, as far as giving better control in a wider range of use (loaded/unloaded) but once they get hot they will loose the control that a Bilstein style shock will sustain.

That's why utes don't make ideal 4WD's as its always a compromise of load carrying ability, performance or comfort.

Very informative stuff boys. Suspension is on my list of things, and I'll be ringing around to get prices this week. so this thread has been useful for me.

Thanks

I know it's always a compromise and I have only ridden in stock nav so far so I can't comment but a couple of friends have said that bilstiens have a really hard ride when unladen? Any thoughts?

Exactly the question I would like to know the answer to, !! I see that other guys in the patrol and jeep forums are saying this as well and I would like to know first hand what it's like in the nav....

Dunno if Id say there hard.

They are abit more firmer.

If you were local you could drive mine.

Exactly the question I would like to know the answer to, !! I see that other guys in the patrol and jeep forums are saying this as well and I would like to know first hand what it's like in the nav....

Well that depends on the way they have been tuned, nothing to do with the brand.

Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Ironman have the exact same problem of hitting the upper control arm. My set are completely f**k*d.

Na just the stock ones, from what I can remember they dont hit the Calmini arms anymore. But I think the shocks are buggered already, they are stiff as hell

I know its off topic, but this thread has evolved a bit anyway. I only manged to get to one workshop today for suspension quote. This particular bloke would only do Lovells full kit, shocks, torsions,leaves, shackles, U bolts, bushes. $3000 fitted, they might be good but thats a bit rich form my tastes. I had sort of settled on EFS leaves and torsions and Bilsteins shocks. So I'll keep searching .

Back