Auto UP!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having mentioned in another post that one of my dislikes with the new (post 08) D40's was the lack of the auto up feature on the drivers window.

Just bought a new 09 STX Navara about 5 weeks ago and found it had the "auto up" feature. I did wonder though about what would happen if you got your arm or something else caught while it was going up. So tried putting a bit of downward pressure on the window as it was going up to see what would happen, I found that it took very little resistance to make the window change direction and go back down again. It would not go all the way down but move about 6 to 8 inches from when it changed direction.

Last edited:
doesn't work on mine. sob sob.
Only extra the Thai build seems to get is the filler cap open button on the dash.

I know it,s only a minor thing but I found that annoying on my D40 dual cab, having to use the ignition key to open the fuel cap door and when you do there is no where to put the cap, you have to let it dangle on a piece of string. My sons 1994 Camry has a remote unlock and cap holder so it's nothing new. Also think an economy gauge would have been a useful addition. Having 2 trip meters and 2 digital clocks seems a little odd as well.

I can't figure out why the D40 doesn't get the remote fuel lid either however like every car I have brought there is always something that isn't perfect.

I've never really considered dangling the cap to be a huge issue, even with previous cars that have had a cap holder I've never used it as half the time the cap got in the way of the pump. I always fill my tank up to the top and dribble it into the filler pipe despite some people saying its not a good idea and adding that last litre or so isn't always easy with a fuel cap in the way, unless of course dribbling fuel down the paint work is a past time.

As far as two trip meters go I think that is a brilliant idea, set one when you refuel so you can get an idea on economy, then rest each fill, and set the second one at the start of long trips and get entire trip distance in one easy reading. Two clocks is a bit of a waste though.

As for an economy gauge I've had them in previous cars and never found factory fitted ones to be very accurate which is kind of stupid given that they retrieve the same information as scangauge which when calibrated can be quite accurate. Then again maybe manufactures have to build tolerances into those as well for some weird road rule we don't know about.

This thread made the penny drop! I got a flat battery a few months ago, then the auto up didn't work (08 model D40) then one day it just started working, so i must have reset it without knowing.... Ah well at least i know what to do when it happens again! Thanks

Flat batteries are going to annoy all of us at some stage, any mod you make to the electrical system like this or the temps gauges etc will need to be reset once the new battery is put in, for those who forget what they've done things may never be the same.

Latest posts

Back