bathurst 2014

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a lot of years for the so called super-car to beat Murphy's time who did it in an old solid Axle setup. They called it the car of future when the current spec cars were introduced.

If it wasn't for that magnificent circuit the whole thing would be a bit of a Yawn. This years 12 hour GT-P race was the one to watch.

I was thinking about these boats. It's quite an awesome vid. "Strapping a thousand horsepower to a few planks of wood and some fibreglass and seeing how fast it will go down a liquid path..."

I love the GT races as well, I just don't get enough time to sit back and watch 'em. In spite of me getting older all the time, I'm finding myself working more and more. I thought things were supposed to slow down!

I might watch Bathurst anyway. Best time I've done in real life is 10 minutes (with caravan plus a stop in the esses for a photo). In the V8 Supercars playstation game I've done a 1:57 which shouldn't be possible, so I'm wondering how good those games are.

Hey tony
Next time you call in I will set up joels driving seat, sitting in the driving pos with a GOOD force feed steering wheel, proportional pedals and the bigscreen is awesome for doing bathurst laps, its very realistic and hours of fun.
See if we can get that lap time of yours down, you will be sitting in a d22 seat, is that ok?

Last edited:
Ford a no show in 2016????
What will happen then

Will anyone actual notice Ford not being there??

Seriously though it would be a Shane to see one of Australia's biggest races basically end because a branded car is no longer competing. The only reasons many people watch is because of the Ford Vs Holden aspect. (Everyone loves seeing Ford lose)
Will have to make an effort to go to next years race if it's going to be the last.

Hey tony
Next time you call in I will set up joels driving seat, sitting in the driving pos with a GOOD force feed steering wheel, proportional pedals and the bigscreen is awesome for doing bathurst laps, its very realistic and hours of fun.
See if we can get that lap time of yours down, you will be sitting in a d22 seat, is that ok?

I've sat in that seat and had a small go, the force feedback is very distracting until you get used to it because it makes you perform corrections that you wouldn't normally do in a car. My own force feedback steering wheel is the same - takes some getting used to.

I don't think I want the lap time to be sub 2 minutes for the Mt Panorama track. It's unrealistic. If it were a Formula 1 (Jensen Button did a lap in his McLaren in 1:48 or so) then I wouldn't have a problem, but I'd expect that the best lap time you could do as a "normal" driver with little actual racing experience and seated in a Supercar should be in the 2:20-2:25 bracket.

Of course, a TRUE supercar like a McLaren GT-1, Toyota GT-One, Mazda 787B or a Porsche 956 should do just as well as the F1. Not sure how the Audi R10 would fair, because of its gearing - one driver said "you have to keep your foot flat on the accelerator as you bring the clutch out as you're changing up in gear or it'll stall". Hasn't stopped the car from dominating at Cirque de la Sarthe, but that track has some very long straights which are really well suited to the long legs of the TDi powered car.

I luv the seat
I can do a realistic quick lap in an unaided supercar at bout 2.30
Turn the aids on and its a lot quicker, but unrealistic
It will get a few laps this weekend

just re loaded my 12psi, 98 octane 550 hp tune, took 15 mins with the sct flash tuner
try doing that with a holden :thefinger:
I am off to hunt me some lions :reddy:
20141011_090248.jpg
20141011_090304.jpg

Latest posts

Back