Beaudesert Install with pics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the front drive shaft off yes. Just undo the bolts abs tie it up out if the way

Deleted that message :)

Cheers will do for re-install. Managed to get it out without taking it off, won't get the new one back in though.

One recommendation I will make to Beaudesert is an install diagram/layout. It's not difficult to work out, but saves time in the end.

Rusty

How much of a whistle does your exhaust give off? Mine is quite loud, is that just the induction noise running a non standard air box?

I made a video but the whistle doesn't come through on it.ftp://users.tpg.com.au/20130728_170305.mp4

Just making sure, I have re-checked all the joins etc, can't find a leak.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting the beaudersert exhaust, can someone tell me the reason why everyone is going for the 2.75"? I have a d22 05 zd30... Is it because this is the best performance option as i heard the 3" actually reduces performance to a degree...

Anyone know what tools would I need for a self install as well?

Any other advice or opinions would really appreciated.

Cheers, Dave

i ordered one yesterday, i will fit it in a month when i get home from work, basic hand tools maybe some ratchet spanners, penatrine and plenty of skin on your nuckles is all you will need

Rusty

How much of a whistle does your exhaust give off? Mine is quite loud, is that just the induction noise running a non standard air box?

I made a video but the whistle doesn't come through on it.ftp://users.tpg.com.au/20130728_170305.mp4

Just making sure, I have re-checked all the joins etc, can't find a leak.

Thanks

Sorry Flynn didn't see the message.

Mine is loud in cab abd is the reason I installed the muffler piece in. I am trying to get the muffler delete piece installed with a tornado resonator to see if I can keep the barky note but drop the cab noise

i ordered one yesterday, i will fit it in a month when i get home from work, basic hand tools maybe some ratchet spanners, penatrine and plenty of skin on your nuckles is all you will need

Lol, sounds like I'll be making a blood sacrifice to the navara gods... I am honoured

so im finally home from offshore and plan to install mine next week, have been giving everything a lube up in prep atm,

few questions.
1. my dump is painted in what looks like an etch primer, did you guys paint it in anything? exhaust paint or black stove paint ect? or just install as is?

2.did you bother to remove the heat shield thats on top of the actual engine case? (the higher up shield?) as ive only removed the lower one at this stage.

3. did you bother re installing heat shield if you did in fact paint your dump?

cheers boys.

so im finally home from offshore and plan to install mine next week, have been giving everything a lube up in prep atm,

few questions.
1. my dump is painted in what looks like an etch primer, did you guys paint it in anything? exhaust paint or black stove paint ect? or just install as is?

2.did you bother to remove the heat shield thats on top of the actual engine case? (the higher up shield?) as ive only removed the lower one at this stage.

3. did you bother re installing heat shield if you did in fact paint your dump?

cheers boys.

1. The paint is like a cold gal. Paint whatever colour you desire but make sure you use a heat proof paint. Mine was black already.

2. I left the upper most heat shield on and it never interfered with anything.

3. Don't bother with reinstalling the heat shield. I am thinking of getting mine coated in that ceramic stuff for heat purposes.

Also if you don't already have a set of offset spammers to get the dump off and on. I also removed all studs off turbo and put new studs in instead of using the big headed bolts.

Goodluck it took me half a day off with the old on with the new

cheers mate, the coating is already scratching off my dump, thats why i thought it was an etch primer. underneath seems the same metal as the rest of exhaust.

sweet good news about the heat shields. seemed pretty useless.

hmm no offset spanners but i have tonnes of tools. planned on just using my ratchet spanners and breaker bars.

yeah i was hoping to get it done in half a day, im handy enough on the tools, but just have limited room to work in my garage.

did you throw it up on car stands or not bother with it?

so i chucked it on today, dump was a pain as expected, clears the rear shackle by a mile. i have a rattle when in reverse i think its hitting on the cross member, sitting about 5 mm off the cross member, anyone else have this problem? i cant really see how it can move up anymore, but will climb under again tomorrow, got over it today.

definite reduction in lag, and good spool up, turbo isnt as loud as thought it would be when spooling.

Okay so I think I've found part of the issue,
The rubber mount that bolts to the transfer case is flexing to much as if the exhaust is too heavy for the original rubber mount so it's sagging down and sitting close to the crossmember
Which then gives me the rattle when I'm in reverse, any one else have this issue and if so what's the solution?
Reckon you can get these rubber mounts from Nissan? Or head to exhaust shop and see what they can do?

just an update,

for a shortish term fix, i have fitted the fitted the muffler delete pipe, after replacing the heavier muffler its lifted the pipe off the crossmember by about another 5mm so only rattles when i shut the engine off now. can live with it.

its actually not as loud as i thought it would be, could get used to it, hearing the turbo whistle from the rear pipe at idle is pretty good haha

just an update,

for a shortish term fix, i have fitted the fitted the muffler delete pipe, after replacing the heavier muffler its lifted the pipe off the crossmember by about another 5mm so only rattles when i shut the engine off now. can live with it.

its actually not as loud as i thought it would be, could get used to it, hearing the turbo whistle from the rear pipe at idle is pretty good haha

That's interesting because I wanted my local shop to fab one up for me because xforce don't make one, he said it won't sound good dont do it blah blah.

I'm of the opinion if beau do it then there's a reason !

is your x force rattling too?

yeah its definatly louder, but i dont think its over the top or drones. its just louder when you put your foot down.
with the straight through muffler that was causing the extra weight and pulling the pipes down, it was barely louder than stock. maybe 5% louder

i cant see why he wont weld to flanges on a 3in pipe? he doesnt have to live with it and its (easy) money in his pocket.

Give it a bit longer to build up some carbon and it will get a little louder. The newer turbo vehicles tend to be a lot quieter than older ones because of the advances in technology.... Being a 4cyl there's nothing you can do to make it sound the same as the td42 patrols, they just don't have the cylinders or capacity...

yeah i dont plan on leaving the pipe in, just till i figure out an economical way of fixing the banging issue with the crossmember.

im thinking of going into an exhausr place and having them weld on an additional hanger on the muffler to attach the original rubber mount on the opposite side to what is already there.

going to install EGT when i get home on my beauy system,

can anyone give me a definite answer as to what thread size the bung is? is it 1/4 or 1/8 BSP?
as im finding conflicting info on the net as usual.

also autometer pyro probe? which thread do they come in?

cheeeeeeers

Latest posts

Back