BFG or Mickeys

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidy79

Reaction score
Can of worms here boys what do u reckon need some new tread for the birdsville flinders rangers trip i am doing want to stay with the 265/70, because that's what i am running now and there still in ok condition, be good for a couple of spares. IDEAS

you'll have to get BFG's in just an AT or MickyT in STZ (pretty much a highway tyre) if you want that size better to go 265/75 and get an MTZ or KM2.

Can of worms here boys what do u reckon need some new tread for the birdsville flinders rangers trip i am doing want to stay with the 265/70, because that's what i am running now and there still in ok condition, be good for a couple of spares. IDEAS

BFG vs Micky's.

First questions how aggressive do you want to go. I have run the Dick Cepic FCII ( owned by Micky T), BFG AT's, BFG muddies.

If I am going an all terrain I personally would go the FCII's. Never plan to use the BFG AT's again after using the FC II's. FC's were a fantastic tyre. Have done multiple WA trips and now they have been moved across to my daughters drive. I wanted to go with something a little more aggressive as when I hit the wet red dirt the AT's clogged up.

In the muddy pattern, the BFG are hard to get. I am actually trialling a Kelly TSR at the moment that is a bit of a hybrid between the AT and the MT.

So, to answer your question, Micky vs BFG.. In an AT, neither. In a muddy, definitely the BFG but be prepared to pay if you can get them. If you want a happy medium, I'll. give an update on the Kelly TSR's after my trip to QLD next week, or, to put the cat amongst the pigeons ... Cooper ST Maxx!

if you just want an awesome proven tyre grab some BFG ATKO's

had two sets myself, never any issues and awesome offroad and on road.

Federal couragias. I've driven round the whole country on them, snowys, nullabor, north wa, onto my second set now, got them for $210 each, ive had coopers and bfs before but the federals are better off road and ive never popped one, hard to hunt down but you can get a set of five for the price of 4 of the mickeys or bfs.

Last edited:
I would go mickey's as I have only ever had bad experience with BFG's

Latest posts

Back