Bigger tyres speedo blow out

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt c

Reaction score
Hey guys
Looking at putting 31x10.5/ 15 tyres on my d22 just wondering if the speedo will blow out much, I'm currently running 235x75 /15. Any thoughts?

Yeah I wouldn't think so mate, only a couple of k's when doing a hundred k's if that. you could test it with most GPS devices as they have a speedo on them tnat are fairly accurate.

Hey guys
Looking at putting 31x10.5/ 15 tyres on my d22 just wondering if the speedo will blow out much, I'm currently running 235x75 /15. Any thoughts?

Is your speedo correct with your current tyres? I don't no if different navs make a difference but with my 05 d22 when I put 31x10.5x15 my speedo was about correct. Like tomo07 said try it with a GPS. Also are you aware 15 inch rims don't always clear the brakes. You need certain offset. I had patrol rims.

Thanks guys
Well I no it had 16 inch rims when it was new but when I bought it second hand the 15 inch rims were on it with the 235/75 tyres I was trying to work out what the original tyres were cause I think these might be smaller then the originals

I used to have a d22 and when I had 245/75-16 which was roughly around that 770mm outside diameter mark the speedo was right. 31x10.5-15 is the same. What you have now is around 730mm. I'd be going 31s. Just make sure your tyres exceed the recommended ones on the plaquard. As in weight n speed rating

Latest posts

Back