Blowing fuse!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
Are the speakers in a 05 D22 fused? The 10 amp audio fuse in the cab is fine... The head unit runs fine, The 10amp audio fuse in the engine bay fuse box continues to blow and only one speaker works but every now and then the other one will kick in. i have never had a stereo with speakers running a fuse.The only thing I can think of is a exposed wire running to the speakers causing a short. Any ideas before I pull the nav apart?:rambo:

My speakers used to do the work when they wanted thing. Mine was caused by intermittant connections in the speakers themselves. Fitted new ones with a higher power rating and the sound was heaps better anyway. The standard speakers are cheap and nasty. Does the fuse blow instantly or only every so often after the radio has worked for a while? As per GLC's post, does anything else not work when the fuse blows - eg : UHF radio. Does the car have an aftermarket power antenna fitted?

Factory speakers are dog shit in the D22.

They have probably blown.

Put some decent speakers in.

It may sound odd, but is the interior light working? It can be common for it to come off the audio fuse also so worth a check?

It's strange but everything else works fine... No power antenna. Im pretty sure i used the power source that runs the stereo for the uhf, but thats working fine. I'm running new speaker wiring and new speakers this afternoon as well as a new head unit so hopefully it's all fixed after that. Thanks for the tips.

going off the manual that fuse supplies power to the radio for back up memory ie to remember what radio stations are stored and bass, fading, balance settings as well. if thats blowing then theres a short in that loom somewhere or theres a short in the radio. could even be a short in the speakers.
when you put the new head unit in check the earth wires as one of them will be illumination for the old radio. it has power when the tail lights are on and earth when the tail lights are off.

as for the speaker not working, check the wiring in the rubber tube that goes between the cab and the door. most likely a broken wire in there. good luck

Latest posts

Back