Blue Rag Range at its best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a great track didnt it a couple of months ago with 2 mates, was my first time out with my nav i was shitting bricks when we got to the last accent but we made it up no worries, those pics are awesome too mate !:cheers!:

Haha yeah mate, that last section is daunting when you first see it!

A good route to blue rag is from Talbotville, up south bassalt knob tk to the train carriage then onto north bassalt knob tk which brings you out on blue rag range tk. South bassalt knob tk is one of the steepest, roughest tracks around that area. It is also worthwhile going over blue rag and right to the end of the track[dead end] there is enough room right at the end over the river for 3 cars to camp, it takes about 50 min for the 5km over the summit.

Pick a date in May and put it in VNOG [aido] if i am available that weekend i will lead the trip.

Mayford is closed as the bogholes at the 1st river crossing are impassable due to floods according to parks vic.

A good route to blue rag is from Talbotville, up south bassalt knob tk to the train carriage then onto north bassalt knob tk which brings you out on blue rag range tk. South bassalt knob tk is one of the steepest, roughest tracks around that area. It is also worthwhile going over blue rag and right to the end of the track[dead end] there is enough room right at the end over the river for 3 cars to camp, it takes about 50 min for the 5km over the summit.

Pick a date in May and put it in VNOG [aido] if i am available that weekend i will lead the trip.

Mayford is closed as the bogholes at the 1st river crossing are impassable due to floods according to parks vic.

Vnog is open to anyone mate so feel free to put up a thread, gather interest and set a date

Mayford wasn't closed when I was in that area last weekend.... I asked at the Dargo Store and there weren't any signs about it at the entrance to King Spur....

Hi Guys and Girls,

I did Blue Rag in April as well. I wouldnt take a unlifted or unprotected Navara in due to the rock ledges. The track is easily accessable from the Dargo to Mt Hotham road, which is closed in winter. Also Mayford is open, but the spur track down to where the cattle grazing trial was going on was closed in April. In good conditions you can get a off road camper into Mayford, a great place to camp. When the track gets wet, it turns into a slippery mess. Another good place to base yourself is Grant just out of Dargo.

John

Hey guys, I just did Blue Rag with my boss on the weekend.

Awesome camping down the bottom on the other side of the creek, bloody full of trout down there as well.
This track is defenently worth a look.

Im lucky because I live in Bairnsdale so i did the whole weekend on half a tank!

Hey guys, I just did Blue Rag with my boss on the weekend.

Awesome camping down the bottom on the other side of the creek, bloody full of trout down there as well.
This track is defenently worth a look.

Im lucky because I live in Bairnsdale so i did the whole weekend on half a tank!

Make sure i bring my rod next time and head right over the otherside, good to know, cheers mate. It sure is nice up there. Hopefully see it next time with the sun out though..lol

Latest posts

Back