Bluetooth Stereo in Current D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huey888

Reaction score
I have a 2011 D22 (Jap built) with the standard Audio "head unit" that has built-in bluetooth hands free for connecting your mobile phone. Unfortunately, I have one of the cheaper brands of mobile phones (Huawei Ideos X3) and I can't get the hands free setup to work correctly with my phone.

I found Nissan's bluetooth compatibility chart online, but it appears to be a little out of date as most (all?) of the current spec mobile phones being sold aren't shown.

Doe's anyone have any experience in successfully connecting a Huawei mobile phone to their Navara? Or, does anyone know who actually manufactures the head-units that are fitted to the current Navara's, so I could contact them for help.

I tried phoning Nissan in Melbourne and they were next to useless and could only connect me to a Nissan dealer in Campbelltown?????

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can give me.........

Had to approve the post for some reason.

I had issues with my HTC Touch HD. It uses a crappy not-quite-standard translation of the Bluetooth 2.0 specification which is incredibly annoying as it means it's pot luck as to whether or not the device you're trying to connect to enjoys satay or prefers a nice korma.

Your Huawaei might be in the same boat. The thing to do is try someone's iPhone (3 or 4) or a Samsung Galaxy SII and see if they pair without difficulty. If they do, then the Bluetooth in your Huawei is obstinate and perhaps not the best to rely on.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

As chance would have it, I have actually tried using a mate's Galaxy SII, another mate's iPhone 3GS, as well as my 7 year old Motorola V3i RAZR and all work perfectly. I also tried my wife's Huawei Sonic (same brand as mine) but it has the exact same symptoms as mine has.

My phone "pairs" with the head unit correctly. If I then receive a call or dial a phone number, all is indicating correctly on the head unit and the radio volume reduces appropriately to allow the call to proceed and be heard. The ONLY problem is that the phone call itself isn't transferred to the hands-free - I still have to use the phone handset to hear or be heard.......... very strange indeed.

My HTC would pair (about half the time) and would take so long to send the "phone is ringing" signal to the unit that the caller would hang up before I had a chance to press the button to answer the phone.

I guess you know the obvious answer to the question now!

Don't worry, the Samsung Galaxy SII is a bloody nice phone.

my wife has a blackberry and I pod which paired instantly, I have an older nokia N95 which was timing out on a search before connecting. 3rd time lucky and it worked, that said I do have the problem mentioned above with it going to voice mail before the bluetooth picks it up.

The factory head unit can take 6 items paired to it, does it make a difference if you have more paired? ......... ie. It has trouble finding my nokia as it was the 3rd item paired, the i-pod and blackberry are also in the car at the same time.

NICK

I've never tried pairing more than one item to a radio. Oh, wait a sec, I lied ... we have both our phones paired in my wife's car, and her radio just auto-connects to the unit that it was connected to last. If my wife's phone was connected and I want mine to connect because I'm driving, I have to tell my phone to do it. Once done, it happens very fast - there's no noticeable difference just because we have two phones paired.

Technically, your phone has a specific hardware address and this is what is recognised for the connection. Just because the unit might know several devices, it doesn't slow things down - your phone's hardware address is presented in the search, your unit looks up the pairing table and sees that your phone's address and info is valid, they "shake hands" and they're connected.

Hey mate sorry to hear your having issues. i have done tech support for a couple of bluetooth devices now. I have not heard of the phone you speak of but the issues that people always had is the same. The issue is the phone's bluetooth signature version. The D22 2011 (I have one =)) is an excelent unit, how ever it does need at least 2.0 from the phone to pair. The head unit is made by "Fujitsu ten" i am not sure of its model number but i would have a google and find a contact number for them - another option would be to see if there is a firmware update for your phone which might change up the blue tooth signature version

Hope this helps.

--

Stompy

i have a 2010D22 and withy iPhone 3gs and now my samsubg halaxy I'm having problems with clarity in the call. i can hear perfectly but people.on the other end complain they can hardly hear me and the line is crappy. im going to ask nissan aboht it on my next service.

I am having no problems at all with my phone, motorola razr, and my wife has an iPhone 4, and it works with that fine too. No problems with clarity or anything when calling or receiving either.

jonluke said:
I am having no problems at all with my phone, motorola razr, and my wife has an iPhone 4, and it works with that fine too. No problems with clarity or anything when calling or receiving either.

mine could just be a dodgy unit? my phones work perfectly in my wifes xtrail

Latest posts

Back