Blupac Shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarrad

Reaction score
After doing some searching I could not find anything so here goes.

I am in the market for new shocks, specifically for the front. I have come across Blupac shocks in the hunt so far and have done some googling regarding their performance and from what I can gather, guys are running them on their patrols and cruisers with no issues. They are a gas charged shock with 3 year/100,000km warranty.

Has anyone on here had personal experiences with these shocks?

Looks like I am heading out to birdsville races this year and i will be replacing all four shocks before going out. Sounds like the last leg of the trip can get fairly corrugated which will be pretty tough on the shocks. Blupac aside, is there any brand or type of shock that handles corrugations better than others? Ie, foam cell vs gas, etc

Any experiences and input appreciated.

Last edited:
Product description blurb

To Fit - Nissan Navara D21 & D22 4WD & 2WD Dual & Single Cab Pickup King cab 9/1985-8/2006
Brand New Set of Front Heavy Duty Gas Shock Absorbers

35mm Bore Body Extended Shock to suit 50mm Raised Suspension

Heavy Duty Gas - High capacity for normal or extreme use.
Excellent ride and handling qualities.
Superior ride and handling on 2WD & 4WD applications.

3 Year Warranty/100,000 kilometers

Shock Specifications:
Rear Mounting

Top: Stem S10

Bottom: FS 32x12

Length:

Min: 211mm

Max: 337mm

FIVE REASONS TO GO BLUPAC ****

1... Superior ride and handling qualities are abtained by using especially developed bump and rebound settings.
2... 3 Lip Piston Rod Seal
3... Seamless shock absorber eyes electric and fusion welded, large diameter piston rods double chrome plated to absorb the high side loads placed on modern shock absorbers.
4... High performance good quality bushes developed after many years of severe testing. This eliminates the necessity to resort to using polyurethane bushes with its many ride and noise problems.
5... Some units use very low gas-pressure to obtain good ride qualities and retain maximum performance.

Last edited:
I think that blupac shocks are identical to either lovells or efs. I know the leaf springs are efs springs. So really should be good quality.

I use efs up front and Rancho adjustable in rear. Has worked for me and survived a cape trip. If your looking for really good quailty try bilstein shocks.
Rusty

Thanks Rusty. I just ordered some fronts so I will put them on sometime this week. Anyone have experience with changing the front shocks? Difficulty, time, etc.

Thanks Rusty. I just ordered some fronts so I will put them on sometime this week. Anyone have experience with changing the front shocks? Difficulty, time, etc.

Fronts are easy mate. Jck it up, remove wheel, remove top nut, remove bottom bolt, remove shocks then visa versa for installing it. Put some grease in the bushings for safe measure. Don't fully tighten the bottom bolt till the car is resting on the ground again. Then tighten bolt

Fronts are easy mate. Jck it up, remove wheel, remove top nut, remove bottom bolt, remove shocks then visa versa for installing it. Put some grease in the bushings for safe measure. Don't fully tighten the bottom bolt till the car is resting on the ground again. Then tighten bolt

Why not tighten it till back on the ground?

Once you tighten the shocker bush it can lock in that position..some will some will still twist up real nice and easy,so its best if this is done while at its natural ride height whatever that might now be.

Once you tighten the shocker bush it can lock in that position..some will some will still twist up real nice and easy,so its best if this is done while at its natural ride height whatever that might now be.

Well there ya go, learnt something new. Thanks!

Have the Bluepac 35mm big bore shocks in the rear now about a month, great shocks for the price! $112 with free shipping.

Latest posts

Back