body lift insurance question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mate that body weighs close to half the car thats a lot of weight to carry high. I am a truck driver and drive a small truck and I can tell you if the weight is up I can defiantly feel the difference. I am not trying to give you a hard time or anything its just I don't see the value in it, for the money it would cost you could probably get a diff lock or something now that would help 4x4.

honestly it's to fit bigger tires. Getting over my chassis hitting the ground. So 33's would be the way to go I assumed.

I know you can still fit 33's with a 2 inch sus lift just thought a bodily lift would be easier. So maybe sliders and 33's. (Trim the guard)

A body lift dose sound easy but I'm am guessing its not as easy as it sounds. I would think that there are any number of wires and the like that will need to be moved or extended with the lift. If you have a bull bar there is going to be a 2 inch gap to the bumper I don't know about you but I couldn't stand that so I would have to adjust that as well.

can only comment on the body lift for a d22 but it is as easy as it sounds, only adjust the steering shaft and remove the lower part of the radiator shroud and drill 4 new holes for the bull bar.
as for being unstable, it does move the centre of gravity but not by much, and most people do it in combination with suspension mods which more than compensate for the higher centre of gravity. i would bet that my navara with 3" suspension and body lift would probably pass the lane change better that a stock standard navara, i wantched mine do the tests and pass no worries at all at 110kph.

How much did it cost all up may I ask?

My insurance company said they would cover it if it's roadworthy. Then again they didn't even know what a body lift is. ):

U guys need to realize that there is different rules for different states so just cause old mate in Vic needs all the tests etc dose not mean your state will.

Most states are coming in to line on this one and QLD is now in that boat.
75mm in QLD without engineering. 2' suspension and 1' tyres. But body lift now needs mod plating and engineer approval to be road worthy and as such legal for insurance purposes...
There's a few recent threads on here about it where Big Guss got a random letter in the mail requesting that he go for a QLD transport inspection after they seen his car driving around.
It ended with him removing the mods....
Stay legal folks its a big deal these days and can cost you plenty.....

Cost me just under 1k for everything, engineer report, lane change and brake tests, mod plate. I figured it was worth the cash as i am keeping the vehicle longer term.

good post - you can use a insurance broker or a crew like Shannon's , declare EVERYTHING you have done to remove it from standard and get quotes !
oh by the way -35mm is the max you should go on a body lift for a d22 - anything past that and it turns into a shit fight with extending gear leavers steering shafts (even at 35mm you still need to extend the steering shaft) and the fan will be lower than the radiator rendering that useless to a certain degree ! I have 265's on mine with a 35mm b/lift and snake 2'' lift kit- no prob's !

I have a d40. I was thinking of just doing it as aami said they would cover it. If I got defected I would just remove it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417733734.211354.jpg
I already make it on my d40

be carefull !

I have a d40. I was thinking of just doing it as aami said they would cover it. If I got defected I would just remove it.

The issue here is if you have a major wreck and can't drive your ute home your stuffed !

Your car gets removed by the designated tow company and is impounded by the wolopers for inspection ! Any modes non plated leaves you with out insurance and you get charged for a defective car causing an accident ! even if you are in the right you are in the wrong for driving an un-roadworthy car and you are now in fault.... do it right and drive with confidence !

just think if you where in an accident that caused a death- "that's a charge I would never want to face" ! The mods might not have aided to the accident but your now on the back foot so to speak ! insurance company's know all the "outs" when it comes to paying out the cash ! They can be ruthless and will go to any extreems to bring you into question !

Oh and by the way- if you where involved in a wreck, you posting such comments like this opens up other problems for you also- this is a public forum and just think if you get an insurance inspector that checks your name with google ,this post might show up and with that you have admitted that you would and are willing to break the law ! and that my friend brings you to question with the law ! be careful buddy !

The issue here is if you have a major wreck and can't drive your ute home your stuffed !

Your car gets removed by the designated tow company and is impounded by the wolopers for inspection ! Any modes non plated leaves you with out insurance and you get charged for a defective car causing an accident ! even if you are in the right you are in the wrong for driving an un-roadworthy car and you are now in fault.... do it right and drive with confidence !

just think if you where in an accident that caused a death- "that's a charge I would never want to face" ! The mods might not have aided to the accident but your now on the back foot so to speak ! insurance company's know all the "outs" when it comes to paying out the cash ! They can be ruthless and will go to any extreems to bring you into question !

Oh and by the way- if you where involved in a wreck, you posting such comments like this opens up other problems for you also- this is a public forum and just think if you get an insurance inspector that checks your name with google ,this post might show up and with that you have admitted that you would and are willing to break the law ! and that my friend brings you to question with the law ! be careful buddy !

very good point. I'll just get a 3inch exhaust instead ):

yeahhhhh 3'' , way to go man lol I got a stainless one for under a $1000' ! sounds trick- strait through muffler that keeps it quiet until ya' put ya' boot into it ! Some guys like strait through but I HATE the drone noise they can make ! Personally stealth is the go for me- I don't need to be turning heads especially the wolopers heads !

Back