BOOGZY"S 04 D22 STR Build up from stock to.......

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im doing my EGR mod tonight aswell. must be that time where everyone is doing there EGR again hahaha.

lol. did mine last night, no bogging down, less lag, more go go go...
going up hills maintaining 100km in 5th gear, where i was struggling in 4th gear to stay on 90km.
very happy with the egr,butterfly,swirl

Just finished the egr/butterfly/swirl mod and took it for a quick drive. I like it as said above doesnt bog down when taking off in first now.

I went the quick route and blocked the intake side and will get around to blocking the otherside another time, i need the car soon as i have to go back to work and lock up at 10.30pm no-one has keys spewin.

Took a few snaps with my iphone (couldnt find the digital camera) of the rear springs and i noticed that the adjuster? for the torsion bars aren't tucked up into the crossmember so i took a snap of that as well.

Not too sure as i'm new to the game but it looked like my springs were basically flat already not sure.

will post the pics in a minute they are just uploading to photobucket

Rear leafs
IMG_0274-1.jpg

IMG_0275-1.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

Yep they are pis poor scrap metal from ARB.
The pictures above illustrate that they are both splayed and inverted.
You, like me have no rear suspension travel and are placing forces on the "U bolts" for which they were not designed. Talk to ARB though and they consider this to be acceptable. NOT!
Your rear leaves do nothing and are completely rooted.

Sorry for the bad news but you will, like me, have to source better leaves.

sorry mate , there has been a lot of people on a load of forums with that same flat even inverted new springs from arb. When you take them back ARB just tell you thats how it is meant to be. Chinese steel is shit, and the the springs are even more shit. Goback and really make a case of it and demand a refund. don't back down till you get one, might take a while but thats a lot of money there. Then go buy some dobinsons least you know it the steel is decent spring steel.

Re index the bars and they should be ok. Pictured is really bad and the person that installed them needs an ar$e raping without lube.

going to give the underneath a really good clean and take some better photos. i will start by emailing the arb dealer i use, they are about an hour away and i would rather have the first few conversations over email than drive down and blow my stack at them.

Oh well live and learn i spose.

Sorry for shooting it down and putting doubts in your mind.
The specs always sound great but the fact is that your suspension is pig ugly....Like mine
I trusted in the same known brand and will happily tell anyone not to bother with them and stay well away.
At least your having a go.
Sorry

No need to be sorry dude, as i said I'm new to the game so any help or guidance is very welcomed. The dealer will do something about as the guy i work with has spent well over $40k with them on 2 4wd's. So they wouldn't want him being pissed at all

like most the money i spent on the whole kit was a big outlay and I'm fuming at the moment, i will keep you updated even name and shame if things don't go well haha

thought i'd take a pic of mine to show you how they should look so you have an idea before you talk to them.

edit: oh yeah that adjuster is meant to go up into the crossmember to protect it. its just looking to be hit with a rock and that won't be pretty.

Last edited:
Thanks Al, i had a look at a guy's rodeo at work who has OME h/d springs and there is no comparison at all. He is pissed for me, i have had the springs in about 3 months not good at all.

The most a carried in the back was when i went camping and that would have totalled 3-400kg so not much and it was a once off

Cant really comment on OME but my Lovells are still good after close to a year.

Dave.

Well I went and seen the guy i work with after work today (he is on holidays) and he can't believe how bad they are.

Going to drop past a different arb one time next week depending on work, i'm on holidays for a week from thursday day so latest i will go is then. See what they have to say, still fuming pretty bad

And the egr mod, i still cant believe how good it is. Got my cousin now wanting me to do it to his 05 single cab Nav

sent an email to the arb dealer with photos at 6am this morning before work got busy, he returned my phone call telling me that he has forwarded the photos onto kilsyth (must be head office?) and after speaking to him for a while he seems to think that i have overloaded the rear while camping.

Can somebody please confirm that the nav can and should handle up to a tonne of payload in the tub, i told him this and he shot me down pretty quick.

I'm booked in at lunchtime tomorrow and have already started working on how I'm gunna make sure this gets fixed. He already told me that the torsion bars will be fixed up

going to give the underneath a really good clean and take some better photos. i will start by emailing the arb dealer i use, they are about an hour away and i would rather have the first few conversations over email than drive down and blow my stack at them.

Oh well live and learn i spose.
nothing wrong with blowing your stack at them..
i have a view that they are NOT your friends or relatives and since you paid some hard earned dollars you should give it to them both barrels.
who gives a crap if they get shitty,you wont be going back there again,so BLAST them,and dont hold back...:rock:

Go you good thing!
I got stonewalled by the local theives / supplier.
They can have mine back too.

Ok i have an excerpt from the OME warranty that says that the springs will not be covered if i go over the GVM nissan states.

Now looking at my passenger door it states that the gvm for the rear axle is 1800kg so lets say the tub is 800kg that still leaves me with 1000kg to play with.

Also got the D22 brochure and it states that the carrying capacity is 1038kg haha now I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back