BOOGZY"S 04 D22 STR Build up from stock to.......

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah scotty different ARB, i got thomastown to look at them and he told me that he sees it all the time and didn't like my chances of warranty.

I went to see the Arb dealer that put mine in and he basically has his hands tied, head office have already seen the photos and have told him that there is no warranty claim.

The guy who runs where i went is a top bloke and has helped me as much as he can but i have now gone over his head and emailed head office.

This isn't finished by a long shot

Ok starting to get interesting, The guy from head office rang me and asked about my situation, got him up to date with my saga so far and he asked me if the dealer i went to today pulled the springs out and measured the spring.

So now he is going to do more investigation (talk to the dealer) and organize for me get my springs taken out and measured.

From memory I was told that they have a 3 year warranty on them and if out of the vehicle and at rest they eyes of the springs are more than 3"s longer than original spec then they will replace them. Wont happen. They are very flat when brand new.
My point was that if I was take them out to measure them there was no way I would want another set put back in that will do exactly the same.
My problem is I have no receipt as I did a bit of horse trading with the bloke that supplied them to me - they didn't cost me anything fiscally only 60 hours of labour.
Good luck with them and if you can try to get a full refund.

The guy who runs the arb dealer that i go to spoke to head office friday and i'm booked in 8am tuesday for the free height measure.

He told me if everything is fine and it's not warranty head office wont pick up the bill, so if i have to pick up the bill i'm driving straight to head office and kickin up a stink big time.

ok where to start haha.

Went down to my arb dealer this morning, shitty drive farkin ring rd is a killer.

anyway after them pulling out my springs and and measuring the free height i sat down with the guy who runs the place and had an hour long conversation.

Head office said that the springs had sagged but the free height was in spec so it was not a warranty claim, the guy who i deal with basically gave them a good talking to about how the guy i work with and myself are very valued customers and have spent a bit of money with them over the years.

Long story short, old man emu are replacing the springs and are covering the labour.

I'm also adding a leaf so i don't have the same thing happen and down the track I'm adding airbags to the rear.

Alot of headaches but i have got them replaced I'm now a happy camper

Thanks Scotty, still looking into the whole bodylift. Doing it is one thing, getting it certified is another.

That would be great Scotty, the guy I'm in talks with just seems to see the $$ he can make out of me haha

That looks awesome!!! I just had a look on the net, this is a great angle of it, that would look horn as!!
SprintCanopyWeb.jpg

ok where to start haha.

Went down to my arb dealer this morning, shitty drive farkin ring rd is a killer.

anyway after them pulling out my springs and and measuring the free height i sat down with the guy who runs the place and had an hour long conversation.

Head office said that the springs had sagged but the free height was in spec so it was not a warranty claim, the guy who i deal with basically gave them a good talking to about how the guy i work with and myself are very valued customers and have spent a bit of money with them over the years.

Long story short, old man emu are replacing the springs and are covering the labour.

I'm also adding a leaf so i don't have the same thing happen and down the track I'm adding airbags to the rear.

Alot of headaches but i have got them replaced I'm now a happy camper

Throw em in the bin!!
They are shit and you are spending more money on making up for the inadequacies of them!
Strange that not 5 days after you posted this and you were dealing with Thomastown I fronted the counter of Keilor ( same owners of ARB franchise ) and they (Kerry the manager ) had never heard of the OME springs failing. I pointed out that a set had been returned to the Thomastown store and replaced under warranty.... Dead stare was all I got.
To properly meet with the Warranty then the springs must elongate 75mm I was told They cannot physically do this and therefore they are always within an acceptable tolerance.
Good riddance to them and just had them replaced with EFS this week $450 + 200 fitting that included an alignment as they lifted the front to suit ride height.

Hey Aido, getting the springs in on Tuesday and have been told that if they fail and or i abuse them they will not do anything.

I got thomastown to look at them but the store i deal with is Westerns in Hoppers Crossing

If i have problems with these ARB will never get another penny from me thats for sure

Seriously..... go back through this thread and you will see where this began. They will fail on you again.....no doubt. Pick them up, put them straight on Ebay and recoup as much as you can.

hey boogz how much do you want for you shit springs no one wants i am runing a 2wd d21 and your saged springs are just what i am after

Latest posts

Back