Boost sensor location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday fellas In the next few days I will be starting a front mount intercooler as parts arrive. I intend to turn the air inlet pipe at the turbo 90 degrees towards the front of vehicle and plumb from there.

I intend to extend the wiring to the boost sensor so that it can be left on the air inlet pipe (This means my boost sensor will be pre-intercooler and still straight after turbo).

I notice others have incorporated the boost sensor into the new pipework so it is still in front of the throttle body. (This means the boost sensor is after the intercooler).

So my question- is it ok to run boost sensor pre-intercooler?

you could but it would better after IC. probably easier to weld a tube in than to muck around extending wires.

Cheers Tweake
I think either way is easy enough. Would like to leave it on inlet pipe so if I ever have to revert back to original its just a matter of turning inlet pipe.
Im just not so sure the boost sensor will send wrong info because of pressure drop across IC, therefore causing ECU to mix fuel/air etc a little bit out.
I guess the answer maybe try it and find out.

it will be fine after the IC. you can't really get fuel/air mix out anyway. your only goin to loose a little bit of boost and most still get the max 15psi with the IC anyway so its really a dead issue.
the problem that might come about by putting it in front of IC is that you put a hole in IC and it looses air but engine still gets full boost reading causing over fueling.
its always best to put the boost sensor as close as possible to the inlet manifold.

Last edited:
Back