Boost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torque app for d22 and boost is pointless. Maybe with the d40 having a ecu controlled turbo it will work. Everything else on the torque app is pretty good. I have to find a new cradle for my phone and ill be running it all the time

The d40 doesnt adjust its fueling with the boost anyway.

You can turn it up to 30psi and all that happens is it goes leaner and leaner.

If this android/iphone app that you guys are talking about uses an accelerometer it will be relatively accurate in measuring power and torque gains but it wont show in detail were in the rpm gains/losses were made.

I have just started to use a very expensive G-meter for tuning on a drag car and it is working alot better than having the car on a dyno, so it is a legitimate type of tuning tool.

I use it with my tablet...accelerometer and gps built in.not expecting it to be super accurate but would be interesting to check it when dynoed..had fun playing with the hp output ,0-100kmph and 1/4 mile times the other night....even had the 33s spin on launch....poor clutch and axels.probably wont do that too much.
truck is greatly improved with chip and a boost lift.just needs a tune now.

All seems quite interesting however, is this a worthwhile mod without getting a diesel chip and tune?

It's basically the next step I will take if its worthwhile that is :D

Can this be done on a 2011 stx?
More fuel is easy but adding boost is the challenge.

Boost is cheap and easy...but reliable boost is another thing...
Ive cooked one turbo from too much boost before.their is a safe limit and a limit...safe limit would be 21-22 psi....a healthy factory turbs might do that for the rest of its life....24 is the limit for turbo before its pumping hotter air..not what you want...it will go to 30psi all day for a few months but thats well beyond its range.
All this is from past experience
I like 24psi...and just get a forefront one when it blows and start all over again

Was there a noticeable increase in performance etc? Is yours chipped? The reason I ask is mine isn't but have done 3" exhaust, intercooler etc. So it is my next step I guess before finally biting the bullet and getting a chip

Didnt notice any performance increase with only boost...that well documented tho..Highly reccomend a chipit chip for bang for buck...rail and boost works really well.ive got a 2nd hand late model one with the boost plug in.combine it with a auberins egt gauge and the link it to the chipit for downtuning when its gets too hot towing or up long steep hills...
How much power you chasing?
Unichip i believe is the best but im a home tuner so ist not going to suit me.

As deisel tuner has said in the past...do a gentle combo of rail,boost and injector timing..with all of your mods the d40 really comes alive after that.

Do you have brand/product to increase the electronically controlled boost?
Much easier with vacuum lines like previous models.

Hey guys

Alright bought the turbosmart boost controller. So where do I actually mount it on my 07 d40? I've got one of the forefront boost gauges off the drivers side intercooler as well
Any guidance appreciated. Cheers

Leayton

Same spot as the boost gauge...you basically pilut the boost controller in line before the nissan boost sensor.

Hey guys

Alright bought the turbosmart boost controller. So where do I actually mount it on my 07 d40? I've got one of the forefront boost gauges off the drivers side intercooler as well
Any guidance appreciated. Cheers

Leayton
it won't work on a D40. you will have to remove the one way valve inside it for it to work.

Tweak...Is that only on a turbosmart?
yeah, they have a one way valve in it and a bleed screw.
cheaper just to buy a bleed type. i think dieseltuner has some info on it.

the only other odd one that i've seen around (no idea on name) is one that is a ball spring and a bleed type combo. obviously that won't work for the d40 setup.

Thanks guys

Tweake do I remove the two hose connectors to take the one way valve out? Camo so just get another t piece and plumb it before my gauge on the same line?

Cheers

Leayton

Thanks guys

Tweake do I remove the two hose connectors to take the one way valve out? Camo so just get another t piece and plumb it before my gauge on the same line?

Cheers

Leayton
if i recall right, one hose end unscrews.

Latest posts

Back