Boosted's D22 SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke to an engineer in Brisbane who said that it can be done but to wait till next year as there is going to be a national standards brought into Queensland instead of state standards so it should be a lot easier to get stuff modified

change that tranfer

change that tranfer gq is alot better case and lines up the drive for the diff a win win

Just spoke to an engineer in Brisbane who said that it can be done but to wait till next year as there is going to be a national standards brought into Queensland instead of state standards so it should be a lot easier to get stuff modified

Did he say when? I have been hearing this for at least three years, and when i rang qld transport earlier this year the modifications fella i asked just laughed at me when i asked if it was coming in any time soon??

Did he say when? I have been hearing this for at least three years, and when i rang qld transport earlier this year the modifications fella i asked just laughed at me when i asked if it was coming in any time soon??

Most places I have been talking to say this November

Would be good, I'm just cynical cause I got told November the last 2 years, plus I don't have much faith in our government.

I do hope it happens though

Even the main roads guy said it. At least I wont have to mod plate my body lift then

why not? there really is no difference between an engineers report and a mod plate. both need to be passed and maintain a standard of work.

NICK

Under the new road laws you can go up to a 50mm body lift without approval

If this is correct it worries me a little as there are so so many dodgey modifications out there and body lifts seem to be the main one. Im not saying yours is one of them but we have all seen them with hollow 50mm box steel cut to length, non rated bolts and welded steering extensions. I guess at the end of the day there are always going to be dodgey ones out there uncertified anyway.

NICK

Is that just qld? You said national so do that mean aus wide?

Its supposed to be Australia wide

If this is correct it worries me a little as there are so so many dodgey modifications out there and body lifts seem to be the main one. Im not saying yours is one of them but we have all seen them with hollow 50mm box steel cut to length, non rated bolts and welded steering extensions. I guess at the end of the day there are always going to be dodgey ones out there uncertified anyway.

NICK

I know what you mean. I saw a hulix running round the other day with 50x50 box as the body lift. If I get done for mine not being plated then at least it is strong enough to get mod plated.

Latest posts

Back