Boxy's D40 build with pics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate, rig is looking great.

It's good to see a few good pics too as I'm sorting our all the parts for my upgrade at the mo, and it's a lot easier to see the finished result than trying to imagine it.

How do you find the ironman suspension? It's a hot topic on the forum, and people are completely one way or the other about them.
I think I'm edging towards them but need to get the extra heavy duty leaves. 500kgs + as I'll be carrying tools in thenback 90% of the time.

Front bar looks wicked too. I was looking at the arb bars today, good but $. Guess you get what you pay for tho.... What was the rough $ of bar and winch?

Looking forward to seeing some more posts and photos!
Good effort.

Hey mate, rig is looking great.

It's good to see a few good pics too as I'm sorting our all the parts for my upgrade at the mo, and it's a lot easier to see the finished result than trying to imagine it.

How do you find the ironman suspension? It's a hot topic on the forum, and people are completely one way or the other about them.
I think I'm edging towards them but need to get the extra heavy duty leaves. 500kgs + as I'll be carrying tools in thenback 90% of the time.

Front bar looks wicked too. I was looking at the arb bars today, good but $. Guess you get what you pay for tho.... What was the rough $ of bar and winch?

Looking forward to seeing some more posts and photos!
Good effort.

cheers zanick

i love the ironman suspension its awesome when i put it in it was like a completly different truck handled great i run 0-300kg leafs in the rear that give me heaps of flex so much that i actually need to run longer travel shocks and extended brake lines which is on the to do list,probably wont get the flex out of the 500kg spring

very happy with the bar it s identical to the arb bar ,the arb bar might be made slightly different though but for 1890 plus all the fog light set up they can go get $#%ed lol i almost fell over when i heard that price and thats not fitted,and the ironman bar comes with all the led fog lights and indicators and a wiring relay with a switch, i dont by arb apart from there dual cylinder compressor ,and ther air lockers (upcoming mod) ive got to no the blokes at townsville opposite lock pretty well i have bought all my stuff through them they give me good prices i got the deluxe bar and vrs 9500 winch with synthetic rope for 1950

next pictures to come will be custome roof rack id say,pm me if u wana no anythign else about what i run

cheer boxy

finished frame

just a couple of pics of the finish frame mounted and painted

bit of a mess in the tub still , i took it for a bit of mud run this arvo

Hey Mate Nice rig... looks tough... Just wondering in your first thread you mention 12mm strut spacers? Have you installed them yet? where hid you get them and have there been any issues. Any info appreciated. Thanks.....

Hey Mate Nice rig... looks tough... Just wondering in your first thread you mention 12mm strut spacers? Have you installed them yet? where hid you get them and have there been any issues. Any info appreciated. Thanks.....

hey mate yeah installed them straight up they are from ironman they sit round the
bottom of the strut an then the coil seat sits on top of that ,jump on the ironman website in the technical section they come in 5,10,15 mm my 12mm are custom made, im about to pull them out an get a mate to machine me 25-30 mm rings as it will save me heaps of$$$$$ and still get required effect,zordo actually gave me that idea coz i rang him about coil spacers

cheers boxy

snorkel adddition

hey guys just a quick update fitted up my snorkel last night come up pretty well got my glind deluxe shower coming in the next 2 weeks and my dual cylinder arb compressor arrives on wednesday got to go away with work for the month of march so probably wont get the canopy done till after then so much shit to make (sliders,dual tyre carrier,draws and water and fuel tan system)between now and july 28th when i leave for 3 weeks in cape york will start a thread on it shortly 4 navaras going 3x d40s and 1xd22 1xpatrol 1xhilux possibly a jeep

all the d40s are well set up 33,s and winchs including the old mans extra cab lifted and locked front a rear the bastard(on my wish list) ill get some pics up of all the rigs soon

heres some pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc0963u.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-02-04

hey mate - with all those water crossings up north, watch the fogs in the bar. I have the same bar, and my lenses have cracked twice now. Both were up in the Vic High Country where fog is pretty common - the first set was stupid by me, went straight in the water after being on for about an hour (hot lenses), the second set just demonstrated how rubbish and brittle the lenses are - were only vaguely warm when i went in -cracked when I came out. If i find a decent replacement (looking for led something) i'll let you know...

hey mate - with all those water crossings up north, watch the fogs in the bar. I have the same bar, and my lenses have cracked twice now. Both were up in the Vic High Country where fog is pretty common - the first set was stupid by me, went straight in the water after being on for about an hour (hot lenses), the second set just demonstrated how rubbish and brittle the lenses are - were only vaguely warm when i went in -cracked when I came out. If i find a decent replacement (looking for led something) i'll let you know...

hey mate let us no if u find anything but i dont plan to be doing to many creeks up the cape at night to many big lizards about,might have a probem but when we move home and start doin the high country and tassie

oh and the new compressor arrived today yay shame i cant mount it until i get my canopy made and start making my draws

Last edited:
so after spending the last 2 and half weeks in wide bay i came home to check out my new canopy that i had made while i was away the uprights are for the roofrack that im in the middle of making should hopefully be on tues or wednesday and the rofftop tent and awning arrive tuesday

ill try and get some clearer pics tomorrow

nearly there mate. how did you do the bends on the pipe?

i bought the bends they come pre made from places like steel barn the do 45s and 90s they worked a treat just wish i had a mig takes somuch longer doing everyting with an arc,just on a slim budget till after cape york

i bought the bends they come pre made from places like steel barn the do 45s and 90s they worked a treat just wish i had a mig takes somuch longer doing everyting with an arc,just on a slim budget till after cape york

so many mods, so little time. have you had a look at the drawers yet?
also have you still got your spring compressors?

Latest posts

Back