Boxy's D40 build with pics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so many mods, so little time. have you had a look at the drawers yet?
also have you still got your spring compressors?

yeah worked out the draws that will be next weekends project probably ,sorry i dont have the compressors i borrowed them off a mate y are u doin some work?

yeah worked out the draws that will be next weekends project probably ,sorry i dont have the compressors i borrowed them off a mate y are u doin some work?

yeh was thinking about putting the spacers in to level out the front end.

well big days work on the car today got the roof top tent on and awning got started on my draws

few more progress pics
tent1.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-04-25
tentrear.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-04-25
have a weather skirt for down the bottom but going to try and get the actual lower room for it
sidezt.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-04-25
p4260056.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-04-25 the box at the front of my tub will house my 60lt water tank, water pump,air compressor,twin tackle storage lockersone each side and then there will be 2 draws 950mm x500mmx240mm deep

Boxy, nice looking setup there.

Love the canopy, did you get it made with canvas/PVC or vinyl.

I need to do a similar thing for my D40 but don't really know how to go about making a frame, may have to buy one.

Also what was the cost for the canopy getting made up.

Boxy, nice looking setup there.

Love the canopy, did you get it made with canvas/PVC or vinyl.

I need to do a similar thing for my D40 but don't really know how to go about making a frame, may have to buy one.

Also what was the cost for the canopy getting made up.
thanks dave its not canvas they didnt call it pvc but something similiar a new product heaps lighter and more weather resistant cost me 1100 with window in front side so i can roll the back up and still see, was the cheapest quote i got but they were recomended to me also a frame like i have should cost much to get made up

boxys storage draws

been working on my storage draws for the last week or so just gotta carpet it no once u work out where i need to run all the plumbing and fittings and handles when they arrive

p5060058.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-05-05
p5060059.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-05-05
p5060061x.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-05-05
have a battery space and a small compartment which will have a lid and will house my shower hose and the other sid ewill hous emy compressor hose
p5060062.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-05-05

Liking your work, starting to look like an awesome set up Boxy.
What will you do as far as covering the timber? marine carpet? or something else?

Liking your work, starting to look like an awesome set up Boxy.
What will you do as far as covering the timber? marine carpet? or something else?

cheers mate yeah i have charcoal marine carpet with alloy extrusion to finish off the corners of the draws nicely just havent put it on yet coz i need to mount some 12v outlets and tap

added a few things latley 27w led worklights on swivels,done a bit of work on my draws but going a little slow because i need to source fittings to run all the plumbing for the tank
spotligth.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-05-13
drawu.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-05-13
switchx.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-05-13

Hey mate ride looks awesome. did you have to get your body lift looked at by a engineer. Do you know if there are any regulations in vic? thinking of doing it rig

Hey mate ride looks awesome. did you have to get your body lift looked at by a engineer. Do you know if there are any regulations in vic? thinking of doing it rig

cheers mate ,and nah ther eillegal in vic u can get them mod plated in qld but i dont care it take about half hour to rip out if need be

Hi mate can you post pics of the roof racks an how you mounted the tent and stuff?

Latest posts

Back