Brake lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oilad

Reaction score
My tail lights work but no braking light....?? Check the fuse in the passenger sider engine pay fuse box that said tail.. But thats for the tail lights an no braking lights.. So now im lost.. Helpp

I just returned your PM, but i will put it here as well

there is more then one fuse box in the D40 and one of them is in the cab next to the glove box.

first check the fuse box inside the cab, if you open the lower glove box on the left you will see the little hatch, it has a list of fuses on the inside of the hatch lid.
OR, It could be the brake light activation switch on your actual peddle that isnt working, check that its plugged in and hasnt been knocked, then test it with a test light by pressing the peddle on and off while seeing if you have power to the switch with the test light.

I know you said your brake lights aren,t working but I recently went thru a situation with the rear park lights on my D40 & camper not working. In my case after finding additional fuse boxes that aren't marked it turned out to be the male /female plastic plugs that join the LHS & RHS & trailer plug the metal pins inside the plug were not making contact properly. Once I found the relevant male/female pin I closed the gap a little so they contacted properly and lights back to normal. Just another thing to add to the list of possibilities. Good Luck
WayneD4T

Soo.. I dne all that has been said here all went well.. So i was still confused looked in the passenger side in the glove box had a look an still couldnt find it so i went to the Nissan dealers an he said every one has troubles finding the fuse for it... So he open the glove box, open the fuse box in there an the fuse is called "stop lamp" for the braking lights.. Replaced the blown fuse.. Yet to find out wat caused it.. Cost nothing

Soo.. I dne all that has been said here all went well.. So i was still confused looked in the passenger side in the glove box had a look an still couldnt find it so i went to the Nissan dealers an he said every one has troubles finding the fuse for it... So he open the glove box, open the fuse box in there an the fuse is called "stop lamp" for the braking lights.. Replaced the blown fuse.. Yet to find out wat caused it.. Cost nothing

:rofl2: sorry mate i thought thats what i told you to do??
i just didnt realise you wouldnt pick up on that the stop lamp is you brake lights, i thought that would of been pretty obvious.
Oh well you know now, but if ever you are unsure, it doesnt hurt to pop each fuse out one at a time and inspect then pop them back in as you go.

I have a similar problem - side lights work but when I press the brake the side lights go off (no brake lights either). Any thoughts how to solve this? Thanks.

Brake Lights

Thanks - I cleaned the bulbs and sockets and it seems to work now. The lighting units are very easy to remove - which means one day I might find then gone. Imported car parts are expensive here in KL. I may change the bolts to something more tamper proof.

Latest posts

Back