Broken driveshaft 2012 st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoY

Reaction score
Hi all. Unfortunately I somehow broke my front left driveshaft whil 4wding. Not sure how it happened but the end of the shaft (inner) snapped and the piece is still in the front diff. Looks like it's twisted a bit before braking. It's a 2012 so I'm wondering if this would be covered under warranty. I removed front diff and front tail shaft so it's at least drive able. Any ideas?

Cheers in advanced

Ive busted quite a few diffs in my time.and one thing i know is that peice will always come out.ive never had a axle lock into the spider gears....but they are a pita to remove without tapping them out from the other side.somtimes its possible to remove the cover plate and fashion a tool to get in there so you can hit it out..isnt your warranty void the moment you go offroad?

To be honest I'm not a 100% sure. But I think u might be right. I've removed diff to tap piece out from other side. And it looks like I will have to replace bearing on that side as the shaft has scored the crap out of inside the bearing. :(

Na fairly easy. All up just under an hour n a half. Once both drive shafts and prop shaft is out. 3 mounts n diff drops straight out.

If i recall right nathand22 busted the front diff yolk clean off his d40..think it was a warranty jobbin the end

If i recall right nathand22 busted the front diff yolk clean off his d40..think it was a warranty jobbin the end

yeah i broke the pinion shaft right at the back of the diff housing.

I removed my 33's and put the stockers back on and had it towed from my house by Nissan, they replaced the entire diff assembly inc housing axles ect under warranty, BUT remember it did happen in my "driveway" hahmmm :dontknow:

hahaha, good one. bout time we got one back on em. im not sure if its even worth going back to them. if you look at the piece thats still on the diff its twisted. so its obvious i was in 4wd. it wouldnt twist that much being disengaged. rang around for a driveshaft only 90 bux and if i need a diff its 450. not to bad. but i still might be able to save my diff by replacing the lh bearing. see how we go when i get the time to strip it. cheers fellas.

Latest posts

Back