Broken EGR pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro123

Reaction score
Just had the EGR pipe replaced by Nissan. Luckily I had the extended genuine warranty, which ran out 2 days ago, as cost of pipe replacement was $800+.

The service manager said he'd never seen it before on a YD25.

Anyone heard of it happening before.

Maybe it's time to ditch the thing before something major goes wrong with it. With the price of Nissan parts it will probably be cheaper to trade/buy a new one and get another three or so years warranty!

WON'T be a Nissan though, after the last three with no problems and over 500,000k's between them, this one has turned me off of them FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not on a yd25.
plenty on the zd30 and also patrols.
welded stainless dosn't always hold up to rapid temp changes.

There have been a few split/cracked EGR pipes, more often around the exhaust side at the base of the pipe but one person reported theirs had blown open.

Thankfully there are enough different manufacturers out there to last you until you enter a nursing home. Buy a car, it's fine, it lasts for 5 years, trade up on the same make, newer model, get another 5 years. Next one is crap, so every 15 years you change manufacturer.

Assuming that you last until you're 90 before you start the adult diaper pillow + fumble for lost teeth in the bedpan dance, and you started at 20, that's 70 years = 5 different manufacturers. There's a lot more out there.

I just hope you get more joy out of whatever the next car is than you got with this one, regardless of the make.

Back