Bryce's Trayback Build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you sure can, it's gotta drop a minimum 40mm past the last seam on the passenger cabin, which on a D/C Nav is just in front of the rear wheel... at least thats where mine drops....

and yes, it sure does sound sick.

Sorry for the thread hijack Bryce.

Joshman you got any pictures of it dumping early?

Got it done at speedy exhaust and towbar on queens rd, everton hills. Got it at a discounted price because they did my kingswood a 2 weeks earlier. They were dead quiet the week b4 christmas and scratching for work.

So i've not done anything to the ute for a while but today i installed my 2 inch body lift. Only on the cab, im not sure if I will be lifting the tray because if i do the dog wont be able to jump in and ill look like a mupet lifting the dog in every time. Anyway here is a photo or two of the end result.
20130131_155515.jpg

20130131_155452.jpg

This things looking good, I'd honestly just go smaller body lift know tray. Can't wait to hear this thing when the arms arrive lol. Did you swaps the chip in aswell to this nav?

Yes i did keep the chip from the old nav and installed it onto this one. I am starting to think it sounds a bit to truckish and might have to add a muffler/cat to the combo. will see what happens but its a long way the the top end and back.

Yes i did keep the chip from the old nav and installed it onto this one. I am starting to think it sounds a bit to truckish and might have to add a muffler/cat to the combo. will see what happens but its a long way the the top end and back.

G'day mate,

Nice build, going to be a ball tearer on our Cape Trip!

Regards,

RLI
:shotgun:

G'day mate,

Nice build, going to be a ball tearer on our Cape Trip!

Regards,

RLI
:shotgun:

Thanks RLI.
Hope to have a goodlookin fridge slidg and rooftop tent setup by then. Off to buy some steel next week and will go from there. If what i have in my head works out it will be a great camping set up able to be moved to different tray back utes

Thanks RLI.
Hope to have a goodlookin fridge slidg and rooftop tent setup by then. Off to buy some steel next week and will go from there. If what i have in my head works out it will be a great camping set up able to be moved to different tray back utes

Good onya mate!

Regards,

RLI

Fitted up my scotty bobcat sliders today. Look the goods and wont bend ever.
20130321_121544_zps4d00a123.jpg

Will get some more pics over easter when i install my upper control arms and steering gear

Had a fairly productive day today working on the ute.
Fitted my upper control arms, new drag link, new idler arm, new idler arm brace, new tie rod ends, new HD tie rods. Still have sitting in the shed New ironman underbody plates and new front wheel bearings. hopefully ill get a chance to fit them this weekend.
Here comes the pics

New steering gear
20130328_121839_zps0b9f92c4.jpg

I didnt get pics of the arms before i installed them but you all know what they look like, and i painted them black.

New bump stop clearance
20130328_164454_zps32f13b7e.jpg

And this is how much too short my EFS shocks are
20130328_141413_zpsf1b55514.jpg

I know I asked this question when you popped over the other day to get the arms but where did you get the upgraded tie rod ends and tie rods?

Had a fairly productive day today working on the ute.
Fitted my upper control arms, new drag link, new idler arm, new idler arm brace, new tie rod ends, new HD tie rods. Still have sitting in the shed New ironman underbody plates and new front wheel bearings. hopefully ill get a chance to fit them this weekend.
Here comes the pics

New steering gear
20130328_121839_zps0b9f92c4.jpg

I didnt get pics of the arms before i installed them but you all know what they look like, and i painted them black.

New bump stop clearance
20130328_164454_zps32f13b7e.jpg

And this is how much too short my EFS shocks are
20130328_141413_zpsf1b55514.jpg

Bugger - I have the same shocks and was afraid they might be too short. Any ideas what you'll be replacing them with?

I know I asked this question when you popped over the other day to get the arms but where did you get the upgraded tie rod ends and tie rods?

they are just standard replacment tie rod ends. And i ordered the HD tie rods from superior. Also got my idler arm brace from them

Bugger - I have the same shocks and was afraid they might be too short. Any ideas what you'll be replacing them with?

Not sure what the replacement will be yet. Maybe rancho's or bilstines. Ill leave it as it is for the next month or so untill funds allow for new shocks

So after much thinking and drawing sketches and looking at pictures online i am making a lift off camping box that will sit on my tray. Here is a few pics. I'll be attaching a rooftop tent to the top, there will be a shelf to slide chairs in above the fridge and some storage boxes above where the kitchen slides in. Also another piece of bench that will fold out from the right of the bench you can see in the pics.

Back