Bryce's Trayback Build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryce

Reaction score
Ok so i got sick of the useless back seats and useless tray in my duel cab D22.

So i went out and got me a single cab D22 with alloy tray.
and here it is.

Justgotpassenger.jpg

Justgotdrivers.jpg

Second photo is bad because of the sun but oh well.

Picked it up on Thursday and after going after some speed bumps and hitting the lower bump stops, i went home and gave Zordo a call and he fixed me up with a 2" lift kit. The photos above all ready have this fitted.

Its an 05 D22 with 190 000 Kms and i got it off a friend so know the last 4years history.
Its all ready got a GME UHF, Front STR bucket seats, somehow its got 15" rims.

So i moved the chip it chip to get it moving a bit better, swapped out my rear diffs (still have to mount the compressor for the locker), and will be moving most of the stereo this week.

Watch this space for more mods.

thisis gonna be an interesting build mate. ill be watching this one. are you going a water-air intercooler agai or aiming at a air-air setup?

hows the single cab move with the chip in it? are you gonna get it tuned again cause your dualcab used to get up and boogy

ok so i have had the ute 2 weeks now and have installed the arb air locker from my old ute. Put the switches next to the hand brake leaver on the center console and mounted the air compresser into an under-tray tool box. works well and is way better than having it mounted behind the rear seat in my old car, it was just a bit noisy there.

Fitted my 265/75R16 Big horns on zero offset rims and then did a bit of panel beating to make them fit.

This is what it looks like with the mud flap removed.
20120721_120632.jpg

And this is what it looks like now.
20120721_120915.jpg

Then i ran it up onto ramps to check it it will rub when flexing and it just makes it.
20120721_123226.jpg

Back clears the tray sides too
20120721_123239.jpg

those zero offset rims look the neats. im wanting to swap the pos20 steels out for some zero offset alloys.

any more updates? intercooler setup yet?

Rememeber to snip the zip ties :p

Rusty
No other mods yet. She still has the standard exhaust so i cant turn the chip all the way up. Spending all my money on my other car that i hope to be driving by christmas. But there doesnt seem to be enough money in my bank or enough time to work on it. Mods should be coming hard and fast next year tho.

Alphabet
It is a good colour, im keen for a run, would like to check out your canopy, i think im going to get one for the tray.

And here is a pic or 2 of what is taking all my time away from the nav.

20120604_163102.jpg

20120603_181605.jpg

Definitely when I get back... Going to miss this weekend as I'm away for work. I'm keen for a run up the cooloola way/ kings bore track, it's still on my list. Hopefully the canopy will be coming off soon mate... It's in need of a few mods and some extra loving care. I will get some shots of it off.

man that is hot. even though im no Holden fan but you cant go past an old Holden thats been well built. great work mate and it would go nice on the road. What motor is it running? Original 253 or 308?

i may have to skip this weekend and we will have to do a weekend away somewhere.

Yep, the old girl is getting close now but the 12 weeks till christmas is coming even closer.
Its running a mildish 308 and 4 speed manual. Its had paint on it since march and its been running since about the same time. Im itching to drive it.

Very keen for a camping trip, i think ive only had the tent out twice this year.

I'm going to do it soon ray... I'm away for work at the moment but when I'm home I'm going... I will post it... See who is around.

So have done some work on the Navara. The lovely girlfriend has got me a snorkel for christmas. Installed it today, didnt bother taking a pic as everyone knows what a nissan snorkel looks like.

Also got a 3inch turbo back exhaust fitted a week ago, Got it for a great price no muffler or cat exiting before the rear wheel.
20121226_184308.jpg

The exhaust makes a huge difference. Going up a hill around my place used to have to change back to 3rd and would still slow from 60 to 45. Can now hold 60 in 4th.

G'evening mate,

Looking forward to your build on the Nav. If the Holden HQ is anything to go by, she will be a little ripper mate!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

G'evening mate,

Looking forward to your build on the Nav. If the Holden HQ is anything to go by, she will be a little ripper mate!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Paul

Should be a ripper, but things might be a bit rushed to get it done before the cape trip.

Looking tops mate. That exhaust drops short but would sound sick. I'm thinking I can't drop it that short on dualcabs. Something to do with last seam and exhaust has to exit past it

Looking tops mate. That exhaust drops short but would sound sick. I'm thinking I can't drop it that short on dualcabs. Something to do with last seam and exhaust has to exit past it

you sure can, it's gotta drop a minimum 40mm past the last seam on the passenger cabin, which on a D/C Nav is just in front of the rear wheel... at least thats where mine drops....

and yes, it sure does sound sick.

Latest posts

Back