Bulbar insurance problems.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardy D40

Reaction score
Hi I'm in the brizzy area I was at the servo the other day filling up the boat when a chick reversed into my alloy bullbar.

There is quiet a bit of damage to the bar it is pushed in about an inch on the drivers side a bulge in the top n a crease were the wing meets the font of the bar and all in all the whole drivers side is twisted n worped. So do the whole insurance thing every1 quotes a new bar n all the other junk.

Go to the asseser 2day he says no new bar they are going to repair it :devil: not happy after telling him I wasn't happy with it getting repaired he said well u will have to take it up with the claims department.

Has any1 had this problem b4 or any advice I'm not going to let it go there is no way they could repair it back to the same strength. Some help would be much appreciated. My mob is 0421 848 557 if any 1 can help.

Heard this from my brother, if insurance companies can save money. They will.

And panel beaters are as bloody shonky as insurance companies, but that rant is not for this topic I don't suppose.

I can understand panels but a bar is engineered and designed to perform a specific way how does the repairer know if the crush rate and air bag trigger is not altered.

It's not a definite way out for you but ring the bar manufacturer and if necessary show them pics and ask them if they believe their bar is a safe repair or should be replaced. If they suggest replacement then you have a good case to hit the insurance company with.

The age of the bar & vehicle may also have some bearing on their decision. I reckon the newer they are, the more likely they are to replace.

I would speak to them politely at first & if that doesn't work, start getting annoyed.

yep, i would push the safety aspect re the airbags with them. maybe even give the gov department a call

It's not a definite way out for you but ring the bar manufacturer and if necessary show them pics and ask them if they believe their bar is a safe repair or should be replaced. If they suggest replacement then you have a good case to hit the insurance company with.

Well said, that would be my approach as well.
Puts your mind at ease if the bar manufacturer say's it would be fine to.

Yeah I think that's the angle I'm going to go with I'll do some research and keep u's informed. Does any1 know if ADR would be a good avenue. Thanks for all the help2.

I would suggest there will be an ADR that must be adhered too but the bullbar manufacturer could tell you if there is one that states what damage is repairable.

Just a note on the airbag issue. From what i have been told the air bags are not triggered by any crumple zone. They are triggered by g-force only, that is why we can run bull bars and sliders ect

Jeeps are different I remember my mate saying.

Well how there airbag system works.

Dunno how true this is, but I have heard before that American cars air bags will go off from hitting a dog. Apparently because Americans dont like wearing seat belts.

Just a quick update I got a email off the manufacturer of the bulbar stating the rules of bull bars n that u can't modify (repair) they then went on to say that they don't recommend or encourage it n it won't b covered under their warranty for use with airbags. That then went on to the assessor were he rang me n said we r still repairing it. So it's now at some "independent" review thing what a joke.

English would have been nice :sarcastic:

It's good to see that the manufacturer is making somewhat of a stand, just a pity it has to go to an independent review and not just handled by the insurance company properly. This is why insurance companies get a bad name.

They are called ins ASSessors.
They try it all on, stick to your guns.

I'm sure I could put money towards it but I don't c why I should have to that's why I pay insurance n the ASSessor lol should stop putting my families life or some1 else's at risk

On the other side of the coin:
I swiped a tree with the side of my steel bullbar and told the assessor that I would live with the slight dent, just fix the panel.
The RACQ assessor told me that the bar was coming off to fix the panel so they are replacing it.
Sure enough new bar all included in my $500 excess.

Wish that was my insurance company and ASSessor all the people I have spoken to on the phone at the claims dep have beennrealy good and 1 tried to sort it out on the phone but the ASSessor didn't want to b proven wrong

Latest posts

Back