Bullbar help needed.. Doing my head in!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben-D22

Reaction score
So I brought a second hand Nissan genuine bull bar off gumtree in Perth for 600 bucks a couple of months ago to fit on to my 2006 D22. The bar was brand new and still shrink wrapped in plastic, it didn't come with any brackets what so ever. I took it to my local panel beater and he's colour coded it the metallic red to match the car. The only problem is, nissan can't get the brackets in, they said i'd have to buy a new bar, when I rang up a few weeks ago they said it wouldn't be a problem but they quoted that on the alloy bull bar mounts.
So now I can't buy them new, wreckers don't have them and i've even got one nissan parts guy telling me it might not fit my car because the bar could be off the newer model D22..
Not sure what to do now, any suggestions?

You need to be mindful about getting brackets from a wrecker in that if they are bent it can be a biotich to have them straightened so that when the bull bar is fitted to the car it looks..well as its supposed to and not cock eyed.:pissedoff:

Find out who makes the bar for Nissan (TJM/ARB/ECB etc) and go direct to them???

Easier said then done---even if you found out they would not sell you the parts..it will be in their T's & C's.

Generally they are only slightly different aesthetically to the ones they brand themselves, measure up and see if the brackets will fit between the two then order the brackets for their branded BB.

I'm sure someone on here did it before?

Find out who makes the bar for Nissan (TJM/ARB/ECB etc) and go direct to them???

Easier said then done---even if you found out they would not sell you the parts..it will be in their T's & C's.

I rang ARB and they where more than happy to send me there brackets to there bar, they said it would fit the chassis but they couldn't recommend it would fit the bar correctly as all there bars are slightly different.

I rang ARB and they where more than happy to send me there brackets to there bar, they said it would fit the chassis but they couldn't recommend it would fit the bar correctly as all there bars are slightly different.

get the brackets for their commercial bar, it's pretty much the same as the factory nissan steel bar (they come from the same factory), so the brackets should fit.

get the brackets for their commercial bar, it's pretty much the same as the factory nissan steel bar (they come from the same factory), so the brackets should fit.

Yeah the guy at ARB said he was pretty sure they would fit, but theres a lot of different variations over the past 10 years or so for this bar, so he wouldn't guarantee they would fit, plus if i brought them at $400 for the pair, there would be no refunds if they didn't fit. The wreckers on the other hand where $165 for the pair.

with the wreckers bits, i'd have a look at why the car was written off, and if the wreckers has some kind of satisfaction guarantee.

it's a bit of a gamble wither way.

Shot an email off to these guys last night as well and they've got the brackets I need, thanks heaps mate. I'll call them today and hopefully there straight!

Glad to hear you found some mate.

I dont think you will have to worry about the condition of the brackets, those guys nissan wreckers are very good.
not every car that comes to them has had a front end crash, as you know they might have the car for any number of reasons.
For eg, My last D22 got a little to wet and was written off, it ended up at the wreckers and there was not a thing wrong with any of the body.

Yeah the guy at ARB said he was pretty sure they would fit, but theres a lot of different variations over the past 10 years or so for this bar, so he wouldn't guarantee they would fit, plus if i brought them at $400 for the pair, there would be no refunds if they didn't fit. The wreckers on the other hand where $165 for the pair.

Do yourself a favour and put ARB into the memory banks for when you are hunting for your next 4 x4 accessory purchase, great customer service with the no refunds policy !
This is the reason I bought my ECB bullbar and driving lights from another dealer, apart from the $400 difference in price for the bullbar alone.

Glad to hear you found some mate.

I dont think you will have to worry about the condition of the brackets, those guys nissan wreckers are very good.
not every car that comes to them has had a front end crash, as you know they might have the car for any number of reasons.
For eg, My last D22 got a little to wet and was written off, it ended up at the wreckers and there was not a thing wrong with any of the body.

Yeah its been an unusual day, i'm a FIFO worker with a flu, so i've spent 3 days locked up in my room. So i've had all day to sort this out and these guys where real quick at organising all this for me considering its a Saturday to most normal people. The guy was real keen on getting my credit card numbers which had me worried, but the other guy Dave got the parts sorted. Even there freight turned out to be cheaper than our freight company we use for our business.

So yeah, I can't wait to get this bar fitted up, i haven't seen it yet all painted up but I'm pretty sure i'll be the only metallic red Nav running around with a factory colour coded steel bull bar lol

Latest posts

Back