Buying new D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Perko and Turbo Tim,

How are the new D40's going? Have you got some pics for us or any advice for someone who will be walking down your path shortly?

Cheers,

Haf.................

Just had my 1000km service done last Friday all be it @ 1500 km, it’s going great love driving it. I got my Scan Gauge in the second day I had the car.
I really like the Blue Tooth in car kit they come with best in car kit I ever used.

My tray liner Canopy & internal racking supports for my ARB Tradesman Rack come this week. Started fitting the electric brake controller last night.

Picked up a complete Navara RX style side today that Iam going to turn into a matching trailer

102_2911.jpg

102_2913.jpg

102_2912.jpg

BueVQ8WkKGrHqQOKjQEvVuUlg7BMioHjLw_.jpg

Last edited:
Looks to me like a Thai built ST model....so is still "old spec" mechanically and doesn't get the upgraded motor (140kw/450nm) unless I'm mistaken...

"Old spec" being relative of course, and the same as pretty much the rest of D40 owners have ;) Nothing wrong with tried, proven and effective in my humble opinion!

i jus brought a d40 td brand new bout 6 months ago, got a st cos i dont c a point spendin 6k extra for sum chrome bits inside an no blue tooth an few other things that the st has that the stx dont have. im still not sure if i REALLY like it, an the after sale serivice from nissan is shit! an yeh they fixed the clutch thing.... by fitting bigger clutch, an a clutch dampener whitch rattels like crazy an drives me mad! iv had mine fixed 3 times an is booked in to get ''fixed'' again next week

What was the clutch problem they fixed by fitting a bigger clutch ?

I have a manual ST with now 17,000Kms on the clock and I'm not overly happy with the clutch ... and while under warranty I would like to go down the route of having it replaced with something heavier duty to save ongoing clutch issues I've heard later on.

Hi Haf

Still waiting for mine, not the dealers fault though, I am coming home from work at the end of the month and I hate having a new toy sitting at home that I can not play with....

Basically setting up mine like turbotim's just that it will be in desert sand, its coming with a sahara bar, canopy and straight to the dealer to get some BFG MT,s on its feet...

I will be adding the extra's on after I sell the Patrol.

Really looking forward to getting the new toy and meeting some of the guys out and about and exploring the south east.

Once I have some photos I will post them

I got an auto for mine, 2 reasons 1st was the wife!!!! and the second was that I have heard on a few sites as well as here the the manual clutch does seem to have some issues. I intend to be towing a camper around in the future so i went with the Auto...

Last edited:
What was the clutch problem they fixed by fitting a bigger clutch ?

I have a manual ST with now 17,000Kms on the clock and I'm not overly happy with the clutch ... and while under warranty I would like to go down the route of having it replaced with something heavier duty to save ongoing clutch issues I've heard later on.

Because of the turbo lag and the amount of torque developed at 2,000rpm, people who drive the manual turbo diesel D40 like a normal car tended to burn the clutch out early.

Part of it is driving method, most of it is design. If the torque came on a little earlier, or a little more smoothly, and the clutch was a little stronger, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Because of the turbo lag and the amount of torque developed at 2,000rpm, people who drive the manual turbo diesel D40 like a normal car tended to burn the clutch out early.

Part of it is driving method, most of it is design. If the torque came on a little earlier, or a little more smoothly, and the clutch was a little stronger, it wouldn't have been an issue.

I don't have any issues driving the car at all ... and rarely any need to ride the clutch except under extreme circumstance like reversing boat up steep driveway (even in LOW).

However, if the clutch is going to go I want it to be done before the warranty is gone and the way I'm going, I'll have done 75K within 12 months, and if the clutch does need replacing then something that's not standard only to go in another 12 months would be preferred.

Although it is quite clunky, other than the issues I've read on this forum I would have had no other reason to think that the clutch was weak.

Hi Haf

Still waiting on the bull bar from ARB, (I think it is being made in the Tibetan mountains by no armed monks or something like that):devil:

I ended up picking up the car because I had sold my Patrol and i needed some wheels. I have added a photo that i took on my phone, I will take a few on my next break with my good camera (the monks might be finished with my bull bar by then too).:beer:

Really looking forward to getting it dirty too and setting it up for the cape next year.

Cheers
Perko

Attachments

• IMG00016-20100726-1208.jpg
    IMG00016-20100726-1208.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts

Back