Cable entry from the roof?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun 550

Reaction score
Going to get a light bar in the next few weeks and going to put it on the roof.

Just want to know the best was of getting the cable to inside the cab! Under the bonnet.

Thanks

I put mine on the Sports bar and none of the above problems lol

Don't have a sport bar, don't really want a bull bar either.

My bad, by sports bar you mean the bar in the back. I was thinking nudge bar.

How is the light being that far back?

Last edited:
Yer I do get that. But it's pretty well covered. Light bar going on the roof.

Don't mean to offend anyone if I did just after and answer to my question.

I will put pic up of the setup once done.

Thanks

Yer I do get that. But it's pretty well covered. Light bar going on the roof. Don't mean to offend anyone if I did just after and answer to my question. I will put pic up of the setup once done. Thanks
Run the wire under the cab and bring it up to the back between the tub.. If it's going to be mounted above your front seats then I suppose the only way to run the cables would be through the pillars and out the roof

Run the wire under the cab and bring it up to the back between the tub.. If it's going to be mounted above your front seats then I suppose the only way to run the cables would be through the pillars and out the roof

That's perfect. Up between the tub and cab then up the sports bars and along the roof track to where ever I mount the light along there.

Thanks mate.

Yeh that's the way I did mine, just zip tie the cable along the chassis and use other wires or fuel lines and it works a treat then get some big zip ties and you can tie it off to the sports bars.. I'm sure I had some pics on my roof spotties in my build thread

Here u go mate

Attachments

• image-204821237.jpg
    image-204821237.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 104
  • image-2569731080.jpg
    image-2569731080.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 110
Yea mate if you have an awning then you can run the cable along that,

If your putting up bars then the front bar might be to far forward still, you'll have to have someone hold it up and see if it reflects a lot,

Another option if you haven't bought the light bar is mount it behind the grill I have a guy in town who does it, keeps it as far forward as needed and hidden

Yea mate if you have an awning then you can run the cable along that,

If your putting up bars then the front bar might be to far forward still, you'll have to have someone hold it up and see if it reflects a lot,

Another option if you haven't bought the light bar is mount it behind the grill I have a guy in town who does it, keeps it as far forward as needed and hidden

To low IMO. But do like the idea. Seen another 550 on the road the other day with it mounted in the slot in front of the Intercooler. Looked cool but I'd be worried about blocking air flow plus even lower again.

Yer I'm installing the track mount system so will be able to adjust the bar to the right spot.

Looks good! Would look does having the lights that far back affect the being sent forward? I was thinking about putting a rear facer on that bar.
Yeh it starts around 3m in front of the nav but good light.. Only thing I don't like is seeing the beams of light coming from above but it's something you get used to over time.. You can put a rear facer inside the bars on the passenger side or on both sides like the small led ones

Back