Cable in chassis

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mort

Reaction score
Hey guys trying to install a power socket in my tub of my d22 for my fridge and can't seem to get my twin core 6mm wire in split through the chassis rail any ideas?

Not sure about D22, but a D40 is easy, Feed it from back to front. When you get to about 4/5ths of the way through, just give it a really good shake and a quick shove.

I pushed a fibraglass rod through mine and have done a mates with a piece of yellow tounge. (the stuff they use to join flooring togeather.)

I've run mine through no worries, just a bit of patience. Also small fingers helps, or run a piece of building wire first as a pull wire.

Lol yeh my fingers are like cocks haha thu don't fit in small places

Put it in corrugated conduit, extra insulation isn't a bad things with high current.

Dave said:
Put it in corrugated conduit, extra insulation isn't a bad things with high current.

Actually extra insulation is bad with high currents, as the cable will heat up quicker, however, extra insulation is what you want for high voltages!

But I'd definitely run it in corrugated split conduit for the extra mechanical protection it provides against vibration and rubbing against rocks and crap in the chassis rails.

^ Thats pretty much what I mean't, you worded it better.

Last thing you want is vibrations causing the insulation to wear thru.

I agree on that, but you ma need to put a pullwire through to drag conduit in.

I just zip tied the split corro to the side of the chassis rail with extra large zip ties.

Yeah I ran mine in split tube on top of the brake and fuel lines. Cable tied it every so often to keep it sitting still.

Latest posts

Back