Cables from engine bay to Cabin

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony d22

Reaction score
I have a loom that runs through the engine bay and needs to go to the cabin for the switch.
I had a look in the engine bay today and can't find anywhere to run the wires through.

The only place I found is to drill a hole next to the grommet where the bonet release cable goes through but don't really want to drill any holes.

Where has everyone been running their cables?

I ran my UHF wires through a grommet on the passenger side, then behind the centre console, into the drivers side. I also ran them under the carpet, I have the UHF under the drivers seat, with a remote mic.

When I installed my driving lights, I put the cabling through the grommet near the drivers side headlight. Then up under the mudguard (pull the plastic grommets out and drop it down) then into the drivers side footwell. No drilling.

Good idea, might have a look at that one.
I looked at the grommet in the A pillar when you open the door and the wires from the door go in through it, but you will see the loom when you open the door.

Here ya go ...

Attachments

• DSCF4496.jpg
    DSCF4496.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 770
  • DSCF4497.jpg
    DSCF4497.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,316
There are grommets on the 3lt ones but I haven't seen any in the 2.5lt. I ran my egt wiring and boost gauge tube through the grommet with the bonnet release cable

There is one. If you look beside driver side battery, there is a big hole. If you then go through this, and up the inner guard there is a grommet into the drivers side footwell, about same height as bonnet release. Pull off black plastic above wheel to access.

Yeah had a look at that but it's a bugger trying to get the wire through on the inside cause there is a control box just behind the fuse box with a shit load of wires going to it.

I ended up going through the hood release grommet, so much easier.

I have 3 cables, two of which are large 5 core cables, going through there no worries.

I have 3 cables, two of which are large 5 core cables, going through there no worries.

How did you get them through and how hard is it to get them into the cab? Just trying to hook up my new Driving lights.
Cheers
Glenn

yea i just used a coat hanger with a wire on the end slightly bent downwards, pulled a short bit of crappy wire through and used that as a pull wire. did this 3 times for each cable.

Easy as to get them into the cab.

yea i just used a coat hanger with a wire on the end slightly bent downwards, pulled a short bit of crappy wire through and used that as a pull wire. did this 3 times for each cable.

Easy as to get them into the cab.

Ok but how did you get from the hole next to the battery to the grommet? Do you have to remove the guard? Sorry but I just got my Navara 4 days ago (2012 model) and im not use to not haveing firewall access to the cab.
Cheers
Glenn

In the hole next to batter, then above wheel, but still in the wheel arch, remove the black plastic "inner guard". There is another wire loom running through there to attach to for support. then you will see it up about half way up door height.

In the hole next to batter, then above wheel, but still in the wheel arch, remove the black plastic "inner guard". There is another wire loom running through there to attach to for support. then you will see it up about half way up door height.

So its a guard off job. spewin! Oh well gottta be done right. Thanks man.
*EDIT: Just realised what you mean by inner guard. Remove the plastic guard inside the wheel arch and work from underneath.. Much better prospect and easyier.

Cheers
Glenn

Last edited:
yea thats what i mean...dont know the technical proper term. i think its about 6 screws and 6 of those plastic clips

Awesome. Thanks man. Job seems FAR less daunting now.While I have your attention, How do I get the vent Assembly out next to the steering wheel with the 2 blinds in it. I wanna put my switch in there but it seem very reluctant to be removed and I don't wanna snap any clips pulling any harder.
Cheers
Glenn

Back